Potential Squandered

jfourz

I mean it, SWToR had so much potential.

If you had just listened to the beta testers, if you had listened to the thousands of people with constructive criticism. All the people who WANTED the game to succeed and tried hard to get their input through.

I don't blame the developers, I blame the community managers. Community managers need to be able to filter information to the developers, and also need to be able to identify popular opinions and trends and relay them.

Instead, the moderators here obfuscate any negative comments. 110% glowing reviews become the norm, when they are not warranted. They do not need to help people lick boots, yet they promote threads with no content other than "Wow bioware, great game!!!".

Before you lock this thread for "little room for constructive criticism", I hope you take a good look at how secure your job is right now. You were supposed to moderate the community, not turn it into Auschwitz.

Edited by jfourz

They were given a license to print money and they set it on fire.

Seriously.

Bioware. Star Wars MMO. SWG was what it was and had the decency to die in time for the game's launch.

This game had the same sort of potential as Warhammer to really shake things up, but even huger quantities of it. And it was squandered almost as badly.

And any time you bring up a legitimate issue in game the over-whelming response from the people are "Quit playing"

This is ridiculous.

hmm lets look at that statement.. if what you say is true.. then who is the whiner?

I'm with them.. the game rocks.. and is getting better every patch..

you dont like it GW or Pandawars is over there..

Well during the beta hundreds of small bugs / fixes were requested yet the majority never changed before release.

I'm not talking about big things, talking about simple things like typos, incorrect percentages, option to disable smart camera etc.

And any time you bring up a legitimate issue in game the over-whelming response from the people are "Quit playing"

This is ridiculous.

Well, it looks like the biodrones are getting their wish. Hearing them whine and stomp their feet about server merges in a few months is going to be music to my ears.

They were given a license to print money and they set it on fire.

Seriously.

Bioware. Star Wars MMO. SWG was what it was and had the decency to die in time for the game's launch.

This game had the same sort of potential as Warhammer to really shake things up, but even huger quantities of it. And it was squandered almost as badly.

If only they had rebooted SWG with some upgrades and overhauling.

:D

hmm lets look at that statement.. if what you say is true.. then who is the whiner?

I'm with them.. the game rocks.. and is getting better every patch..

you dont like it GW or Pandawars is over there..

Not only are you giving me a perfect example of one of my points, but you are also praising a patch that introduced numerous bugs and fixed barely any. Were you talking about a different patch? No, because there is only one.

Not only are you giving me a perfect example of one of my points, but you are also praising a patch that introduced numerous bugs and fixed barely any. Were you talking about a different patch? No, because there is only one.

Doesn't matter, most people here love the game and every negative commenter is a troll. Then you have those who hate the game.

Very few in the middle.

I am gonna wait and see, but I don't like how it looks. I got 89 days now, gonna wait till I have 30 left then come back and check it out.

It fixed Kira, I've made Jedi babies with her.

Sorry about Ilum, I agree it sucked yesterday. Thing is, and I know you don't understand since this is your first MMO, but patches often break things. They fix stuff, they break stuff, the game is in a constant state of evolution. There will be more bumps in the road ahead. If you can't handle the first few, I'd advise getting off at the next exit.

It fixed Kira, I've made Jedi babies with her.

Sorry about Ilum, I agree it sucked yesterday. Thing is, and I know you don't understand since this is your first MMO, but patches often break things. They fix stuff, they break stuff, the game is in a constant state of evolution. There will be more bumps in the road ahead. If you can't handle the first few, I'd advise getting off at the next exit.

I've played every single MMO that ever came out, I'll have you know.

Yes, it fixed some single player crap that never should have been broken in the first place, I am aware of that. It fixed not allowing some bounty hunters to ever get to Illum because of some random 1-3 button they pressed in on meaningless dialog wheel. Do those examples seem acceptable bugs to have at launch?

Sure sometimes patches introduce bugs, but usually bugs that are reported on test/beta realms don't remain. In addition people on test/beta realm tell you something is terrible, you should probably listen.

Can you give me an example of patches in other MMOs that went up on test/beta realms with reported and recorded bugs, and then were pushed to live anyway? Or where players consistently asked for something basic and were ignored?

I can give you an example. It involves Warhammer online, and we all know how it ends up.

Hi there,

While we do appreciate all forms of feedback, unfortunately we do not allow public discussion of moderation. We do understand that being moderated at times can be very frustrating. However, we ask that all inquiries, feedback and comments be emailed to us at communitysupport@swtor.com so that we may address your concerns one-on-one. Any feedback regarding moderation, whether positive or negative, is appreciated and welcomed.

Thank you for understanding as to why we've closed this thread!