Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaon Under Siege - New Instance (Hard Mode)

BeeblesTV
01.19.2012 , 12:02 AM | #11
This FP was awesome.

Sentient_Six
01.19.2012 , 12:14 AM | #12
Those droid adds on the bonus boss hit hard; I wouldn't recommend doing the instance on HM unless you have a very well geared tank and healer.
~ Darth Solus.

Sointu
01.19.2012 , 12:38 AM | #13
Not a single cc needed during the whole hard mode instance, easiest instance in the game since black talon (mostly due the fact that this instance didn't actually have bug infested bosses). 2x Columi head gears, 56lvl color crystal and 2x alloys make it also the best lootfest out of current 4man instances.

Instance had really good feel on it, gotta give it that.

Jetteseraph
01.19.2012 , 12:39 AM | #14
This instance is SO awesome. It really exceeded my expectations. Story was great, dialogue options were fun. Atmosphere and immersion were outstanding and we were able to complete both the regular then the hard mode in about an hour each. I think the bonus boss could use a bit of tweaking, as it's next to impossible without 2-healing the fight and is way, way too difficult for your average pug.

Otherwise, great work BW. Keep them coming like this and I'll be in heaven.

Kyromoo
01.19.2012 , 12:44 AM | #15
I agree. This instance was an absolute blast to run. Did not encounter any bugs at all, the tone and atmosphere were absolutely perfect, and the shout-outs to other games of the same genre of the flashpoint were tastefully done.

If this is the sort of quality I can expect from Bioware, expect me to be here for a very, very long time.
12/1/2011
RIP OPOD

GamerSmurf
01.19.2012 , 01:06 AM | #16
Did this yesterday without knowing anything about it, jumped right into hard mode.

Really enjoyable. Best moment was the first "boomer": Loads of Zombies call for AOE right ?

Total chaos, couldn't see a thing, so many explosions ! After it was over i realize my tank is the only one still standing ... really a "holy ****!" moment

Bonus Boss is a bit hard, but thats oki its a Bonus after all. The other mechanics were easy to figure out, took us around one and a half hour for the first run.

TIP: Have a geared Healer and Tank and aoe your way to victory

ShenLong
01.19.2012 , 01:28 AM | #17
Definitely my favorite flashpoint. It's creepy at the same time that it's exciting. It has its challenging moments as well

Only issue my own group had with it was a single bug.

One in which if you kill a mercenary while it's constricting someone without doing any interrupt, that person is stuck constricted until they use tenacity or any other equivalent.

BinkSiN
01.19.2012 , 01:39 AM | #18
Agree this is my favorite flashpoint.

1st boss (the wave thing) was a joke. None of us ever got below 80% health (yes this was on hardmode). And we did it the way we shouldnt' have done it too (I as a marauder killed mobs while our aoe sorc used the gun ... because the bastard hopped on it first grrr!)

2nd boss was spank and tank. You HAVE to use the canisters that blow up on the side. The dot they give him is insignificant; they ALSO blow off his reduced damage buff (until you do this he takes ridiculously reduced damage)

3rd boss (bonus boss) was easy if you do it right. Just LOS him to get him to move away from the spot he spawns in. His adds he calls in always spawn in that spot still. Makes it 100x easier to see them for immediate CC/pwnage as if you don't move them the damn things spawn right on top of the boss and are hard as hell to target.

Final boss ... also easy as hell. We killed the Commander then the big *** guy who holds you on the ground then the last guy.

Only whipe we had was on the bonus boss until we decided to LOS him to move him.

BinkSiN
01.19.2012 , 01:41 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Jetteseraph View Post
This instance is SO awesome. It really exceeded my expectations. Story was great, dialogue options were fun. Atmosphere and immersion were outstanding and we were able to complete both the regular then the hard mode in about an hour each. I think the bonus boss could use a bit of tweaking, as it's next to impossible without 2-healing the fight and is way, way too difficult for your average pug.

Otherwise, great work BW. Keep them coming like this and I'll be in heaven.

WE only had one healer and had no problem whatsoever. Make sure you are CC'ing the adds and killing them 1 at a time.

Chnmmr
01.19.2012 , 02:12 AM | #20
My group didn't manage the bonus boss (it was getting late and we decided to try and finish the dungeon instead,) but we finished the whole thing. The turret wave thing was quite tough, took a good number of attempts before we managed it.

It was a LOT of fun. Loved the Dead Space feel to it and the bosses felt balanced and not over tunned at all. If all the other dungeons were this polished then this game would be heaven.
Guild: Fractal
Server: Frostqueue... er.. I meant Frostclaw