Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HEY REPUBLIC - Ilum.. it's bad.. but it's not THAT bad.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
HEY REPUBLIC - Ilum.. it's bad.. but it's not THAT bad.

RoughRaptors
01.18.2012 , 05:48 PM | #11
Considering I am on this server I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what is going on and a say in this thread...

You are 100% WRONG!

How is this fair? This gives Empire a HUGE advantage over Republic. All the people who worked hard (like me) got to rank 60 over time, they earned the right to wear the top end PvP gear. Now, here's hundreds of Imperials zergging, afking...doing nothing and they are getting rank 60. Now think about this, how many more Imperials are going to have rank 60 than Rebels? A lot more are going to...that's the exact problem. It creates a huge gear/rank imbalance between both sides AND it just makes doing the dailies horrible for republic. You saying they will not gear up faster is 100% WRONG again. They will gear up faster because they hit rank 60 faster through absolutely no grind whatsoever, while Republic has to work for it. Also it's just a major slap in the face to anyone who actually decided to work for their rank and take pride in it.

NO ROLLBACK = NO SUB. kthx

ltgift
01.18.2012 , 05:53 PM | #12
First off, roughraptors is bad.

second, hes right.

-An Imperial pre-1.1 battlemaster

Avindra
01.18.2012 , 06:50 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
Considering I am on this server I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what is going on and a say in this thread...

You are 100% WRONG!

How is this fair? This gives Empire a HUGE advantage over Republic. All the people who worked hard (like me) got to rank 60 over time, they earned the right to wear the top end PvP gear. Now, here's hundreds of Imperials zergging, afking...doing nothing and they are getting rank 60. Now think about this, how many more Imperials are going to have rank 60 than Rebels? A lot more are going to...that's the exact problem. It creates a huge gear/rank imbalance between both sides AND it just makes doing the dailies horrible for republic. You saying they will not gear up faster is 100% WRONG again. They will gear up faster because they hit rank 60 faster through absolutely no grind whatsoever, while Republic has to work for it. Also it's just a major slap in the face to anyone who actually decided to work for their rank and take pride in it.

NO ROLLBACK = NO SUB. kthx
For starters you dont get valor for not attacking or healing..I tried this because I had to AFK to make a phonecall whilst my Ops was killing the republics.
I guess if you dont want to be killed you shouldnt go to Illum ?
Going to be some interesting fights come Tuesdays weekly pvp quests.

voidsurvivor
01.18.2012 , 06:53 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kstokes View Post
Why it's not THAT bad
You conveniently left out the 7 fps everyone gets in these mass "battles." It's unplayable.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mhak View Post
If I only ever played SWTOR and Neopets at release I would give a slight edge to SWTOR's pvp as well.

Very slight.

RoughRaptors
01.19.2012 , 12:02 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by voidsurvivor View Post
You conveniently left out the 7 fps everyone gets in these mass "battles." It's unplayable.
Very unplayable, good to know large scale pvp is out the window.

Chelsai
01.19.2012 , 12:15 AM | #16
You are an Empire in disguise just TRYING to get us Republic in Illum to farm more before the "fix" in the morning!

Not fallin for it sir!