Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Grewvin
01.18.2012 , 08:24 PM | #981
Quote: Originally Posted by Xunaka View Post
So I'm curious of all the people posting here, how many of you were actually impacted or affected directly in some way by this? Probably none.

Given that bioware obviously looked at the data and determined there was no need for a rollback based on actual data, not a bunch of rumors and forum posts blowing things proportionality out of the water.

In actuality, none of you know how many people or at all if this was even a huge issue you're basing it off nothing. Perhaps a small % of people did get a large percent of valor even so it clearly wasn't enough to warrant them doing something like a rollback which is greatly worse.

So please continue buying into your own know it all attitudes that this was the most serious issue ever because someone said something here, and posted a screenshot there.
Are you *********** stupid? Un Subed.

Koopababy
01.18.2012 , 08:24 PM | #982
Ya i just logged off it sickens my stomach. Went to Illum and sat there at 3 fps not bieng able to do anything as a melee listening to scrubs and noobs brag about how they have recieved 10 valor ranks in a hour or 2. All it is iss 300 imps sitting in the base with aoes from both sides bieng channed with 10 people spamming heals on turret. and dont forget all the people facing the walls afk. Sickens me after all the hard work ive put in. I went to republic fleet and saw people ive never even noticed before running the champion and bm vendors out of stock.

The_Reverend
01.18.2012 , 08:24 PM | #984
I have no idea what to say.

So effectivily you took all of this time to do... what exactly? I don't care that the patch was exploited, thats naturally going to happen.

But the long awaiting reponse was, we're aware, he's a half hearted solution and we can't be bothered to fix the mistake.

Drider
01.18.2012 , 08:24 PM | #985
Quote: Originally Posted by Malist View Post
Great - now all of the Republic players are going to unsub and balance will be even worse... just roll the valor back already.

Yeah and what about all the people that get effected by a rollback that didn't exploit, and they unsub? It's more than you people in here by leaps and bounds.

Ratham
01.18.2012 , 08:25 PM | #986
Quote: Originally Posted by Vorodor View Post
The amount of crying in here is hilarious. To everyone rage quitting and un-subbing don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Oh and enjoy your pandas and wow-kemon.
Enjoy your huttball matches and barren pvp zones
1/18/12 - Fail Day - Ilum

Grimhand
01.18.2012 , 08:25 PM | #987
Quote: Originally Posted by darthtoph View Post
Me as a Republic player fighting back:
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4...2011823380.jpg

Let's not forget the fact I'm all about single target melee dps with ability stuttering (go sentinels). Throw horrific lag/spikes into the mix. And random loading screens during gameplay.

I know for a fact Imps were doing 2-3 times that amount every minute (sith bud of mine).

Thanks for rendering my legit Battlemaster title useless.
Don't forget, you get bonus for each kill based on objectives owned....upto 400%, you only control 2 objectives which I believe is 150%...so thats not even close to the valor per kill you can get.

I was getting minimum 120
▔ịị◚◚◚◚◚۝▔ị▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Addoexatrum
01.18.2012 , 08:25 PM | #988
All i have to say is you dev's are morons. How can you expect servers with this kind of population imbalance to have forced world pvp and ever actually succeed at it? Even leveling I was being res camped at med droids by 20-30 sith in a single spot and we didnt even have that many republic on the entire planet server.

If you guys do not roll back the Valor for everyone with this exploit you will lose most of your republic population I can almost guarantee you. Noone wants to play a game that just got 90% of the enemy faction Battlemaster rank in a single night.

Maybe you guys should get off your tails and do a random server reset, + emergency patch to shut down the planet Ilum instead of letting these guys farm 10 billion Valor in a night, and not announce on the OP yet that you are going to roll back valor.

I can tell you that my guild is entirely prepared to quit en masse if we have to start contending with full battlemaster sith pvp groups at 50 because of this exploit.
WHO STOLE MY PINK LIGHTSABER!?!

TehIdiot
01.18.2012 , 08:25 PM | #989
Quote: Originally Posted by GrimNoirion View Post
And the rule of the Sith Begins.......See ya Republic!
Don't worry tho republic I hear you get your revenge in 3000 years.

Sansidious
01.18.2012 , 08:25 PM | #990
Will somebody please close this thread already.