Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Canceling my acct

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Robtard
01.18.2012 , 07:46 PM | #1
So, when i log in and go into "My account" and under subscriptions it says "you dont have anymore time, please set up a subscription plan yadda yadda" and when i click on subscription type or whatever it says that i have a reoccuring one set up and in place, and it lists my CC.

i want to cancel my account. what am i doing wrong?

edit: i'd like to point out that i'm canceling my account for the primary reason that we all paid for an incomplete piss poor game. LFG tool? nope. Guild functionality? nope. Legacy system? Hahahaha, nope. Class stopping bugs (BH, class i rolled, end quest broken and has yet to be addressed, leaving lots of BH's in the dark), an absolute lack of Customer support, an auction house that is crap, absolutely linear gameplay (might as well have been released as a single player game), EA involvement at all, "companions" being completely worthless and mostly annoying (oh, you're supposed to be an intelligent person w/feelings and thoughts that i'm gonna have a romantic relationship with? you should probably get out of that fire you're standing in then), a horrible ui, pvp queue system is just a joke, broken quest mobs, lost mail items, bad collision when running/driving/walking (really? oh theres a tiny log in front of you, my bad, i'll walk around), ability delay not making any sense, broken chat with guild/party, countless ctrl+U needs (yeah i'm not a fan of having to manually fix the game for them, w/ hard ui resets or game bug workarounds). I'm sure the list goes on and on, but i'm bored. This game is bad and they should feel bad.
-Robtard-

Zepath
01.18.2012 , 07:53 PM | #2
I'm holding my tongue ... I find it rather strange that so many people who seriously want to cancel their account, can't get it to work. If it was one or two, I'd just chuckle and move on ... but its not just one or two.

Of course, given what's driving them to want to cancel ... I guess we shouldn't be surprised. I've not been impressed with this website since before beta. They have always seemed to spend 5 times the budget on thread cops, than on developers (just my opinion from what I've seen).

Personally, they are going to get one more month out of me. I'll give them the $15 bucks (since the game itself was a gift) .... but after that I will be done .... not because of the money, but because its not worth the frustration.
Time you spend judging others should be spent on introspection as to why you feel its your place to judge. Unless you're paying for the product and the vendor is not delivering!!!!!

Smaois
01.18.2012 , 07:57 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings,

If you are experiencing difficulties removing your subscription on our website, please call us for further assistance.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Robtard
01.18.2012 , 07:58 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zepath View Post
I'm holding my tongue ... I find it rather strange that so many people who seriously want to cancel their account, can't get it to work. If it was one or two, I'd just chuckle and move on ... but its not just one or two.

Of course, given what's driving them to want to cancel ... I guess we shouldn't be surprised. I've not been impressed with this website since before beta. They have always seemed to spend 5 times the budget on thread cops, than on developers (just my opinion from what I've seen).

Personally, they are going to get one more month out of me. I'll give them the $15 bucks (since the game itself was a gift) .... but after that I will be done .... not because of the money, but because its not worth the frustration.
uhhmm, so you're no help at all.
i gave my situation and was simply asking if someone knows how to drop the acct. i'm not seeing it.
-Robtard-

Robtard
01.18.2012 , 07:59 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by N5-L1 View Post
Greetings,

If you are experiencing difficulties removing your subscription on our website, please call us for further assistance.
i'm not going to call you. when i had to call near launch time i got hung up on instead of put into a queue, your CS team is inept.
-Robtard-

TitanJJ
01.18.2012 , 07:59 PM | #6
mine was through paypal so i just went to paypals' website and canceled the contract through their end.
THAT'S NO MOON

Zepath
01.18.2012 , 08:00 PM | #7
What I was politely trying to say, without accusing anyone, was that the ability to cancel is either bugged, or turned off until cooler-head prevail.

I guess reading between the lines isn't a common skill.
Time you spend judging others should be spent on introspection as to why you feel its your place to judge. Unless you're paying for the product and the vendor is not delivering!!!!!

Yarsha
01.18.2012 , 08:00 PM | #8
ya, they took out the unsubscribe link....Go into your account and delete your credit card that you have on file, that way they cannot chrage it.

Also, if they do charge someone, call your bank/credit card company and dispute the charge.

Robtard
01.18.2012 , 08:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Yarsha View Post
ya, they took out the unsubscribe link....Go into your account and delete your credit card that you have on file, that way they cannot chrage it.

Also, if they do charge someone, call your bank/credit card company and dispute the charge.

hahahahahahaha, of course they took out the unsubscribe link. thats funny stuff. dont want to have too many ppl leaving.
-Robtard-

zephar
01.18.2012 , 08:02 PM | #10
cancel sub shows on mine? maybe you already canceled?