Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

error code 4001

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MittenzMagic
01.18.2012 , 12:35 PM | #1
Dear customer service. I get a crash to the server selection screen with error code 4001. After I try logging in again I get another crash with error code 2005. After I try logging in I am in the game for about 10 minutes until it crashes again and I must repeat. Please revert 1.1

Beesodd
01.18.2012 , 12:38 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings MittenzMagic,

I am sorry to see that you are having this issue.

Please try the troubleshooting steps found here.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Melkathi
01.18.2012 , 12:40 PM | #3
Still, I think a lot of us are only gettin error 4001 since this patch :/

Onibubu
01.18.2012 , 03:28 PM | #4
Yes error 4001 "Can not retrieve Serverlist".
Downloaded patch -> played a few hours -> logged out.
After 30 minutes i wanted to log in again -> no serverlist and error 4001.

Checked my computer, flushed my DNS Cache ect.
Still have the problem and no solution in sight!

MittenzMagic
01.18.2012 , 04:12 PM | #5
cancelled my account - tried re-installing but this did not work at all

ClouDxNL
01.18.2012 , 04:20 PM | #6
Hello,

I just saw this post and i think i am posting in the right forum corner ( if not please forgive me ).

Well i experienced alot of random disconnections resulting in the error code 9000 ( which is explained in another topic & acts up on different servers ).

But since the latest patch ( 1.1 ) i have gained some extra problems, now these sudden disconnections happen more frequently resulting in a error code 4001 followed by an 9000 error, after i click the ok butten from the information screen, the game immediatly closes, without awindows error or anything.

I am able to restart the game and start playing again, I do not have to reboot the computer. This problem occurs on the Niman server.

I hope the problem will be resolved in a timely matter. If you do need some extra information you can ask.

Kind regards.

Kakalak
01.18.2012 , 04:49 PM | #7
Same exact problems as above me. The 9000 a few weeks ago, now the 4001 rampant error messages. I can't even play tonight.

Its not anything on my end... I've tried everything. THe last time it happened it cleared up in a few days. I assume this one will too. I got frustrated and almost quit, but then I remembered this game is in the first the first month of release. Compared to the last 10 high end MMO's I played at release it has been epic.

cheers to them fixing this 4001 error soon
Played most MMO's since MMO's existed.

MittenzMagic
01.18.2012 , 05:04 PM | #8
I restarted my computer and this fixed it. Looks like I will be resubbing

Hunhoo
01.18.2012 , 10:12 PM | #9
Had no probs with the game, even right after the patch, but since logging out and trying to get back in have been getting 9000, 4001 errors too, been rebooting comp, net, the works, guess im going to have to just level RL, noooooo!

nekkroniano
01.19.2012 , 03:46 PM | #10
Too Bad i have the Same problem with Error Code 4001 We need Answer and need now.