Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kalibri
01.18.2012 , 12:17 PM | #71
Bioware, you're a bunch of dumb **** **** ******* ******. Yeah, ban me.

thatguybil
01.18.2012 , 12:17 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by kinka View Post
Nice to see a response.
Faint praise

djpravda
01.18.2012 , 12:17 PM | #73
I fed up with your current state of costumer service and changes being made to the game!

Bioware used to be my favorite company for games!

How can you fail so miserably??

Are your PvP developers so blind and they don;t test the content to massive???

Will never resub!

NasherUK
01.18.2012 , 12:17 PM | #74
It's not hard for them to just check logs to see whos been killing loads of turrets on Ilum and roll back their valor...

It is a really stupid mistake, tbh they should just go in and remove them from the live servers for now.

Soulaufein
01.18.2012 , 12:17 PM | #75
The only constructive thing I've got to say is:

**** YOU Bioware. Get your *********** act together.

This community has been nothing short of patient with you with all the performance issues and lack of core MMO features.

Each new patch bring NEW performance issues, and ruin much more than what they add to the game. Its imcompetent product managenement.

Rage post? DAMN RIGHT IT IS. It is my damn paid for right to rage at my entertainment supplier, for a service that I pay for. So deal with it.

THe community won't fix this buggy excuse of a client, the piss poor ideas & terrible implementation. Fixing the game is YOUR responsability, not mine.

SO FIX IT.

JefferyClark
01.18.2012 , 12:18 PM | #76
I agree that this is a major flub-up. They do need to roll back the valor gains from today, for the sake of game balance. Exploiting a bug should not be rewarded in any way, shape, or form. Will a rollback piss people off? Yes, most certainly; however, it is necessary especially given the extreme population imbalances on servers. If this keeps up much longer, Republics will just stop playing pvp, especially since 50s now have their own bracket. Now that Sith can bypass MONTHS of pvp grinding to get to a valor level not even used in the game yet, Republics will be outgeared every step of the way.

PS - this also works for Republic heavy servers, but there are FAR fewer and the ratios aren't nearly as bad as the Sith:Republic.

ArlanX
01.18.2012 , 12:18 PM | #77
BW you need to for Ilum asap, because world pvp will be a total fail

mSum
01.18.2012 , 12:18 PM | #78
I posted this in the patch notes thread. Sorry if you are reading this twice but I think it's a good idea:

After you fix the spawn points on illum, make a queue for imperials so that illum has equal numbers for imperial vs republic. This will make it fair and encourage people to roll republic to avoid the queue. If you don't, no republic players will ever go to illum because having your @ss handed to you by 10 imperials isn't fun!

bigtukker
01.18.2012 , 12:18 PM | #79
A couple of possible solutions
  • Make some classes faction independant (Bounty Hunter and Smuggler)
  • Lock servers from having more characters from a faction if the balance is 3:1 or more.
  • Give the underdogged faction a free medal in PvP zones.

saminaobx
01.18.2012 , 12:18 PM | #80
Rollback or don't bother