Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JovethGonzalez
01.18.2012 , 12:04 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi folks,

We're currently investigating potential issues related to the Ilum open world PVP area post 1.1. We understand that this is a topic of much discussion and we ask that you please direct all discussions to this thread.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:
  • No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

We will update as soon as we have more information.

Update #1

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that we are currently working on an official response to these issues (we used the term "potential" during our initial investigating, and have now removed the wording on the title of this thread) and we will be posting it soon. Please understand that these issues require some time to investigate and we are making sure that we provide you all with the most updated information in our official response.

We understand that some of you may be frustrated, but we ask for your patience on this to give us time to respond with thorough developer input.

Thank you to those of you that have been posting constructively in this thread.

We will have a response shortly.

Kronus
01.18.2012 , 12:05 PM | #2
lolololololololol. I don't see the word WOOPS in your post. Look at my signature video for the "potential" problem.

ReRuined
01.18.2012 , 12:06 PM | #3
Rollback valor now or a lot us that legitimately grinded battlemaster will be leaving.

bthrawn
01.18.2012 , 12:06 PM | #4
I think you guys need to work real quick on this one.

Kryptorchid
01.18.2012 , 12:06 PM | #5

This thread has the potential to get ugly.

Scratch that, it will get ugly.

DarkwingGT
01.18.2012 , 12:06 PM | #6
What exactly is there to discuss? The turrets give massive valor, have no diminishing returns and respawn instantly. How is that in anyway shape or form valid?

As for faction imbalance, not much you could do except cap the zone.

Also, possibly take a page from the game that shall not be named and implement something like Tenacity. Now they borked it because they didn't get the numbers right but with tweaking it could help.

Honestly you have one basic axiom, people love to win but will accept a fair fight. If you leave it such that it's a giant snowball (i.e. bigger faction wins more and the rewards get boosted by winning therefore giving them a greater ability to win), then the losing side (mostly Republic) will simply stop trying and give up. Then the winning side will have no one left to fight.

Orduno
01.18.2012 , 12:06 PM | #7
Faction imbalance on many servers warrants some manner of spawn protection to eliminate farming - or at least eliminate the inability to leave the zone without queuing for a WZ and then dropping out of that warzone.

Farming turrets is pretty much replacing one non-pvp farm fest with another.

Thoffs
01.18.2012 , 12:06 PM | #8
Please remove "potential" from "potential issues".

Thanks.

Victrixz
01.18.2012 , 12:06 PM | #9
POTENTIAL??? Is that what you devs call it?..

Seriously.. Be honest and say we screwed up and we are gonna fix it asap and rollback all the valor people got by AFK farming the republic turrets
[COLOR="Red"]Bioware is a total FAILURE with patch 1.1 GG ILUM

kinka
01.18.2012 , 12:07 PM | #10
Nice to see a response.