Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Couple of (probably stupid) questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Couple of (probably stupid) questions

El_Kabong
12.14.2011 , 10:39 AM | #1
Okay - I've played probably a weekend's worth of playing, just enough to be dangerous but not actually know my way around. Couple of things I've not sussed out yet:

* Only first names? How weak. Or is there a way to get a surname other than going Bob_Smith?

* Where does one put their character biography? You know, the "My name is Bob Smith, I come from Tatooine, my father abandoned me at an early age and I hate Jedi" background stuff. It's not anywhere on the character screen that I can find.

Vorix
12.14.2011 , 10:41 AM | #2
1) surnames are part of the legacy system, not sure myself on how you access that.

2) you can't have a biography that i am aware of, some else may be able to state otherwise but i don't think you can

GamewizX
12.14.2011 , 10:42 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
Okay - I've played probably a weekend's worth of playing, just enough to be dangerous but not actually know my way around. Couple of things I've not sussed out yet:

* Only first names? How weak. Or is there a way to get a surname other than going Bob_Smith?

* Where does one put their character biography? You know, the "My name is Bob Smith, I come from Tatooine, my father abandoned me at an early age and I hate Jedi" background stuff. It's not anywhere on the character screen that I can find.
They have the Legacy System where once you complete Chapter 1 (around level 30) you are able to choose a surname/title for all your characters on that server.

You can display it as a surname, ie Bob Smith, or you can display it as a title, ie, Bob <The Smith Legacy>.

To my knowledge there is no place to put a Biography.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

LA_Hague
12.14.2011 , 10:44 AM | #4
Legacy system is unlocked once one of your chracters completes Chapter 1 of their class story, which is said to be around level 30.

After that you can choose a name that can be displayed as a last name.

It can also be displayed below your character's name or like this:

LA_Hague of the Blah-Blah Legacy.

The name is shared across all characters on that server, regardless of faction.
Champion Logrim [50 Powertech] -- Champion Misery [50 Sorcerer]
Dark Knights [Empire] - Saber of Exar Kun (PVP)

Savriel
12.14.2011 , 10:50 AM | #5
I am guessing Legacy can't be hidden?

Hatrel
12.14.2011 , 10:51 AM | #6
We will get the opportunity to add a last name as a legacy. Not sure if there is an official post out there yet, have not had tome to look. Once you finish Act 1 you will get it and, if they have not changed it, every character that you create will have that name going forward. And it is unique on all servers.

LA_Hague
12.14.2011 , 10:55 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Savriel View Post
I am guessing Legacy can't be hidden?
Legacy can indeed be hidden if you so choose. I believe it is on by defualt but you can simply choose not to display it via 'Preferences' in-game.
Champion Logrim [50 Powertech] -- Champion Misery [50 Sorcerer]
Dark Knights [Empire] - Saber of Exar Kun (PVP)