Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

First under 50 Warzone Impressions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
First under 50 Warzone Impressions

Covinous
01.18.2012 , 09:12 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by halltw View Post
Not me. I actually think that bolster 1-49 is working fairly well. I will play 9 alts to 49 before considering moving one of them to 50.

The balanced pvp will exist in the 1-49 bracket. I tend to agree with you, the level 50 bracket will always be a gear race. As long as bolster seems to be working 1-49 like I think it is, there may never be a reason for me to ding 50.
I'm with you. I benched my 50 Scoundrel, even though he's got mostly Champion pieces and 450+ expertise simply because 10-49 is 10000x more fun.

Favorite part of the patch is not having to listen to level 50s blame 1 or 2 sub 50s as the reason they lost. (Hint: If both teams have the same amount of 50s, you might want to do some introspection for the blame.)

rocdogg
01.18.2012 , 09:17 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilakan View Post
Actually, the most of the recent warzones were 70% of 50s and 30% of lowlvls. So, I believe that those who played these warzones will not be too disappointed when he reaches lvl 50.
How many of those 50s would stand a chance against anyone but a no-Expertise lowbie?

Puremallace
01.18.2012 , 09:20 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Toophat View Post
Your goning to be in for a big shock when you hit lvl 50 and start getting crushed. You'll wish all lvls were allowed into warzones again. From what I've experienced several classes were more then a match for a fresh lvl 50. But now a fresh lvl 50 will enter a warzone and will fight people in battle master gear, trust me you'll feel like a lvl 10 toon all over again.
Here you can have this

http://qkme.me/35n0mk

Think that will sum it up. INC expertise normalization and bolstering after 50. Get with the trend Bioware and save yourself the nightmare

Laserstrike
01.18.2012 , 09:30 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by halltw View Post
Not me. I actually think that bolster 1-49 is working fairly well. I will play 9 alts to 49 before considering moving one of them to 50.

The balanced pvp will exist in the 1-49 bracket. I tend to agree with you, the level 50 bracket will always be a gear race. As long as bolster seems to be working 1-49 like I think it is, there may never be a reason for me to ding 50.

^^^ This.

Exactly.

This will be perfect for REAL PvP...not carebear PvP (gear race) where time invested = easy win, no skill required.

Face it, the "PvP" before Patch 1.1 was really PvE raiding. Those with the 40-50 hours a week to play could have fun doing it; the rest of the player base could not participate.

Amp_
01.18.2012 , 09:35 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Laserstrike View Post
^^^ This.

Exactly.

This will be perfect for REAL PvP...not carebear PvP (gear race) where time invested = easy win, no skill required.
Is it kind of ironic. I was looking more forward to PvP'ing on my lowbies again than I was for the 50 bracket. I think the 50 bracket will be fun and is a good thing, but I'm more excited to hop on my lowbies again.

Dogfatherxx
01.18.2012 , 09:36 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by vrgadin View Post
second post that u have said basically the same thing. do you just find posts to copy and paste your line about "whiners?"
Not that I know you are paying attention, I will say it again. About 75 percent of the posts on these forums were about how 50s single handedly ruined WZs for people. Now that the bracket is in place, I for one am thankful that I will not have to listen to it any more and these forums can focus on other issues since everything is fixed.

rocdogg
01.18.2012 , 09:48 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Dogfatherxx View Post
Not that I know you are paying attention, I will say it again. About 75 percent of the posts on these forums were about how 50s single handedly ruined WZs for people. Now that the bracket is in place, I for one am thankful that I will not have to listen to it any more and these forums can focus on other issues since everything is fixed.
Except the broken-mirror and numbers imbalance favouring Empire, that is.