Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, um, I just realized something...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
So, um, I just realized something...

ScottHK
12.14.2011 , 10:43 AM | #1
Was anyone promised a guranteed 5 days minimum of early access?

If you were, can you provide a valid quote, where the quote is from and when you got it? I'm having trouble finding anything that says everyone would get early acces for 5 days.

Exarr
12.14.2011 , 10:44 AM | #2
That's because it was always stated as "you MAY recieve UP TO 5 days".

ScottHK
12.14.2011 , 10:46 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Exarr View Post
That's because it was always stated as "you MAY recieve UP TO 5 days".
That's what I thought. Before anyone gets angry, I'm in the early access, so I'm not raging here, but my friends are all starting to realize that they may not of read things properly.

However, my friend who works at a game shop says that he read that the 5 days early access were promised somehwere in documents at the store, he's going to look tommorow.

Anyone else able to shine any light on this?

GrolschUK
12.14.2011 , 10:47 AM | #4
Has always been Up To 5 days early access for me....

And knowing I pre-ordered in December, with the accessing going in registration order, I don't expect to be in much before the final 2 days

But that is better than nothing to be allowed in on release day.

richardmills
12.14.2011 , 10:49 AM | #5
The only issue is they were still selling the game stating upto 5 days early access when really it is looking like anyone who ordered in december would get only 1 days early access. The date should have been changed to show if you buy the game now youll get upto 4 days early or 3, 2, 1 etc. They should not be able to state upto 5 days when its no longer upto 5 days because you would have ahd to preorder way before you purchased it on that day. I can see some frustration but i don't mind as long as i get at least 1 day. If you read what they said from other sources it wasn't misleading but it should have stated that 5 days was no longer available when you made your purchase if that was the case. But not to worry we will all be playing soon enough

Darthshnooky
12.14.2011 , 10:49 AM | #6
No, it was never promised. Nothing ever said anything other than UP TO 5 DAYS. That's it. Everything from Bioware, everything from EA, anything official said UP TO, not "at least" or "definitely 5 days."

Exarr
12.14.2011 , 10:51 AM | #7
While I agree in part with any arguments regarding when you placed your pre order, and the amount of time you would recieve... That's all covered in the statement UP TO 5 days.
UP TO, being key. That means you could get 1, 2,3 etc... up to 5. Sometimes people read things, and see/believe what they want to believe. It's been this way since the beginning. Some people just read things differently.

Aieny
12.14.2011 , 10:51 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by richardmills View Post
The only issue is they were still selling the game stating upto 5 days early access when really it is looking like anyone who ordered in december would get only 1 days early access. The date should have been changed to show if you buy the game now youll get upto 4 days early or 3, 2, 1 etc. They should not be able to state upto 5 days when its no longer upto 5 days because you would have ahd to preorder way before you purchased it on that day. I can see some frustration but i don't mind as long as i get at least 1 day. If you read what they said from other sources it wasn't misleading but it should have stated that 5 days was no longer available when you made your purchase if that was the case. But not to worry we will all be playing soon enough
Up to 5 days means "less than or equal to 5 days"....even now BioWare doesn't know how soon people will get in.

richardmills
12.14.2011 , 10:52 AM | #9
I agree but they stated you may play upto 5 days even in december when they knew that if you ordered today you actually may NOT and will NOT play upto 5 days early because it was impossible because you ordered it too late. Stating if you buy today you may play makes the consumer believe there is a chance you may play upto 5 days early when actually you cannot.

Tallyhoe
12.14.2011 , 10:52 AM | #10
A lot of it was walmart and gamestop and best buy not being clear.. When you went to their website.. it said preorder the game AND GET 5 days early access. Origin was the only sight that stated you MAY get up to 5 days.

I personally feel slightly cheated, but im not angry.. I wanted to play the beta before I dished out money to BW and EA... But they are doing it there way and there is nothing we can do about it.. So im not getting too angry.. Just.. Meh.. I guess thats what I get for being a smart consumer.