Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Bane vs Mace Windu

patheman
01.02.2012 , 01:42 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Atamosk View Post
thank you that is so cool. what books does this happen in so i can pick them up if its not to much trouble?
The New Jedi Order Series.

Here is alink to a source of all the books I beleive you find reference to Skywalker charactor development between about 1998 and 2003

http://www.theforce.net/books/unjoh/.../Booklist.html

Kadra
01.02.2012 , 01:45 PM | #22
Darth Bane would kick Windu's arse any time. For those who say that Windu defeated the culmination of the Rule of Two in the person of Sidious. Well, first of all I always believed that Sidious never lost that battle. It was more like acting for Anakin. He wouldn't have openly told Anakin that he was a Sith and take his chances knowing that the Jedi would inevitably come for him for the sake of a hope to get a new poweful apprentice, especially taking into account that he was supposed to be the last of the Sith. How stupid would that be? Remember how the helpless old man that could barely catch his breath seconds before that suddenly unleashes those powerful surges of lightning as soon as he sees that Anakin will support him, how easily he gets up after this, calm and absolutely unexcited because everything has worked exactly as he had planned.
And secondly, who said Sidious was more powerful than Darth Bane? No one knows how the Rule of Two had been observed before Sidious became the Master. He said it himself that Darth Plagueis was killed in his sleep by his apprentice (which is Sidious) after he had taught him everything he knew. But he didn't teach him the secret of creating life, did he now? So he was just slain in his sleep by a possibly inferior Sith. Who knows how many times before that it occurred.

EOCDRAGON
01.02.2012 , 02:07 PM | #23
Ah a similar theory to mine that Sidious was not dueling with Mace properly, it would make sense to me that Sidious is supposed to be far more powerful then any of the other Jedi/ Sith, Because first off (And I'm going by the films as I only have heard of the characters from the comics etc not read any of the comics, seen some in games) The jedi should not be as powerful as a very developed Sith because by their nature their strength lies elsewhere, the draw of the darkside is the power it offers, Jedi have power of a different kind, also among the Sith Sidious is the current Sith Lord, and therefore should be considerably stronger then the other Sith, so that means he should be the strongest around in the current era, hence how he goes on to create a empire, and finally is not beaten by a traditional sense, back to the power of a different kind possessed by Jedi.

Rhyltran
01.02.2012 , 02:09 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kadra View Post
Darth Bane would kick Windu's arse any time. For those who say that Windu defeated the culmination of the Rule of Two in the person of Sidious. Well, first of all I always believed that Sidious never lost that battle. It was more like acting for Anakin. He wouldn't have openly told Anakin that he was a Sith and take his chances knowing that the Jedi would inevitably come for him for the sake of a hope to get a new poweful apprentice, especially taking into account that he was supposed to be the last of the Sith. How stupid would that be? Remember how the helpless old man that could barely catch his breath seconds before that suddenly unleashes those powerful surges of lightning as soon as he sees that Anakin will support him, how easily he gets up after this, calm and absolutely unexcited because everything has worked exactly as he had planned.
And secondly, who said Sidious was more powerful than Darth Bane? No one knows how the Rule of Two had been observed before Sidious became the Master. He said it himself that Darth Plagueis was killed in his sleep by his apprentice (which is Sidious) after he had taught him everything he knew. But he didn't teach him the secret of creating life, did he now? So he was just slain in his sleep by a possibly inferior Sith. Who knows how many times before that it occurred.
We do know. Leland Chee and multiple other people have said so. Sidious is by far the most powerful Sith Lord. Also I don't recall Bane having the power to destroy starfleets or planets.

Kadra
01.02.2012 , 02:15 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
We do know. Leland Chee and multiple other people have said so. Sidious is by far the most powerful Sith Lord. Also I don't recall Bane having the power to destroy starfleets or planets.
Well, I'm unaware of that part, I haven't read too much on the subject. But it doesn't matter anyway. I still believe that Sidious was acting in his battle with Windu.

Rayla_Felana
01.02.2012 , 02:39 PM | #26
We know for a fact that Windu defeated Sidious in the lightsaber duel, George Lucas states so himself he also states pretty much, that it didn't matter, Sidious was going to kill him either way with his, up to now, unmatched prowess with the force, it wasn't till Anakin made his entrance did he start feigning utter defeat.

BrandonSM
01.02.2012 , 03:58 PM | #27
Rayla, I guess I am underrating Kun's prowess. I guess he would be a match for Luke, but I still think he'd lose.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
We know for a fact that Windu defeated Sidious in the lightsaber duel, George Lucas states so himself he also states pretty much, that it didn't matter, Sidious was going to kill him either way with his, up to now, unmatched prowess with the force, it wasn't till Anakin made his entrance did he start feigning utter defeat.

Agreed. And in the novelization, Windu was seconds before being disarmed by Sidious's lightning.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Wraithstrike
01.02.2012 , 05:48 PM | #28
[QUOTE=Kadra;1065094 But he didn't teach him the secret of creating life, did he now?[/QUOTE]

Actually, Sidious is the undisputed master of Essence Transfer.

Halcone
01.17.2012 , 11:34 PM | #29
Bane was the one to think up the Rule of two. Deceive the brotherhood of evil to create the thought bomb and destroy all the Sith and lots of Jedi.
As far as devious, Bane wins. Got everyone to believe the Sith were extinct, brought them to power as his plan for conquest was set in motion 1000 years before Sidious.
As far as force mind powers, not even his apprentice an adept at mind powers could stop Bane.
Sidious weakest Dark lord of the Sith. Killed his master in his sleep.

RoadtoArkham
01.17.2012 , 11:38 PM | #30
The Shatterpoint is something to think about. Could Windu have found a Shatterpoint in Bane's armor?

The right application of force on Bane's armor could have forced the creatures to release their death toxin, outright killing Bane. Maybe Mace wouldn't have to overpower him, in that case.
Hail to the King, baby.