Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pylons forever bugged..?

Take-Notes
01.17.2012 , 07:43 PM | #1
Hello everyone,

Before the last patch to the Hardmode/Nightmare pylon exploit, normal mode pylons functioned as they should. Now, our guild has been forced to reset a 2nd time in a row on two different ways of completion because the South Pylon doesn't spin when it reaches the fourth tier. Has anyone else encountered this? Or has anyone else completed the pylons this week and could provide what they did to complete it? We're clearly doing something RIGHT for it to bug because if we were doing it wrong I'm sure it would work.

Oh bioware...

bobbys
01.17.2012 , 09:12 PM | #2
yep, happened 2 weeks in a row and lost half a guild to pylons. hardest. boss. ever.

Shammus
01.17.2012 , 09:37 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Take-Notes View Post
Hello everyone,

Before the last patch to the Hardmode/Nightmare pylon exploit, normal mode pylons functioned as they should. Now, our guild has been forced to reset a 2nd time in a row on two different ways of completion because the South Pylon doesn't spin when it reaches the fourth tier. Has anyone else encountered this? Or has anyone else completed the pylons this week and could provide what they did to complete it? We're clearly doing something RIGHT for it to bug because if we were doing it wrong I'm sure it would work.

Oh bioware...
We completed it on normal last week, I don't see the issue I don't think the game has been patched since then.
Sith Weapons And Tactics
Guildmaster | Giradda the Hutt
You have been knocked unconscious! Pain and suffering tries to strike YOU, but misses! You died. Returning to home point, please wait...LOADING, PLEASE WAIT

zachprzy
01.17.2012 , 09:42 PM | #4
We just did it tonight hard mode and normal. I think solving South South South North, is how we did it without any bugs.
Party Limit reached. Your companion has been dismissed.

Tetrix, Jedi - Praxeum - SWTOR since BETA

Swifterz
01.17.2012 , 10:08 PM | #5
Tonight we did nightmare to pylons and it bugged again, second week in a row could do anything on nightmare past pylons, normally i don't get mad, but losing gear 2 weeks in a row is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!
The Bastion
55 Bounty Hunter: Swifterz | 55 Marauder: Swift'erz
50 Sorcerer: Swiffer | 50 Scoundrel: Swifte
50 Powertech: Swiffterz | 50 Juggernaut: Rellix

ninjazobie
01.17.2012 , 10:15 PM | #6
Im currently looking for more evidence on this but what i think it is that when there is a certain symbol on either 4th tier pylons it will become stuck. The symbol in question is the brown cross like symbol.

if you could watch out for this and pm what you find out.
E.F.M.C.

THROWDOWN
01.17.2012 , 10:51 PM | #7
Ok, as of right now there is a way to get around the bug. First, ALWAYS HIT THE LEFT BUTTON. if you hit the right button it will bug. Second, THE SOUTH PYLON NEEDS TO FINISH BEFORE THE NORTH. We just did it and had to wait for the south to finish each ring first then we could do the north.

Blutelf
01.17.2012 , 10:58 PM | #8
The first one is wrong. You can solve the pylons using right only.

The second one is correct.

THROWDOWN
01.18.2012 , 10:15 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
The first one is wrong. You can solve the pylons using right only.

The second one is correct.
Using right only has never worked for us, it has bugged every single time. Never had a problem with left only.

ustupidcow
01.18.2012 , 10:18 AM | #10
We've never had issues solving in the S-S-S-N order.