Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.1 delay... impact on progression guilds

Farabee
01.17.2012 , 11:16 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by LordConnery View Post
I would much rather have them get issues fixed now and have the patch postponed.
Yeah, not sure if this is what you meant, but it'd be nice to see a "bug fix" patch for the Ops issues (especially HM/NMM Soa) today, and then roll out the rest of the 1.1 content at a later date. We needed the ops fixes today more than anything else.

I don't really see much of a point in adding bosses to Karagga's Palace when most average guilds can't even kill Soa and Bonethrasher on HM due to a combination of bugs with the encounters, bugs preventing the gearing up process off the killable bosses, and generally inconsistent tuning.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. -Imperium proverb

Tickdoff-Tank
01.17.2012 , 11:17 AM | #12
Can you imagine the OVERWHELMING UPROAR that would have resulted if this patch had come out today with the known bugs? They made the correct decision to postpone this update, and I am very happy that BW had the guts to do it. Too many games would have released this update and then announced the upcoming bug fixes.

Of course we are all disappointed that the update is not here yet, and I was really looking foreward to it, but I will happily wait the "few days" needed for BW to fix the problem before it is released.

I am not a fanboi, just a player that tries to appreciate the decision to delay a known buggy update untill it is fixed.

lueckjathom
01.17.2012 , 11:22 AM | #13
No kidding Bioware really needs to fix the way they are fixing things. Maybe they could release an internal patch for their patching system??

I get that its nice to have a schedule. It's also nice to not implement things until they are working properly. You are right that they shouldn't even announce a date until they have everything squared away and ready to go. But personally, I would rather have the patch on Thursday rather than on next Tuesday, even if that means another guild that can raid on the weekends might get ahead of your guild that was planning to do it on Tuesday and Wednesday.

I assure you, your life will go on, and you will still be able to raid next week just like you would if they delayed it a full week. Even if some other guild got to do it before you on Saturday night (OMG NOOOO!!!!)

BW's biggest mistake was making the leveling process too easy and fast. Too many people were level 50 within days of the release date (or even before its realease date with early access), expecting a MMO in its infancy to be as fully polished and perfect in its endgame as another one that has had 7 years and billions of dollars to set the standard.

They are fixing things. They aren't always going to do it on a schedule that is perfect for you. Get over it.

fungihoujo
01.17.2012 , 11:30 AM | #14
Bugs come up... rather than releasing a patch with more bugs than it fixes- like WoW regularly does- then have three days of sporadic downtimes- like WoW regularly does... they caught something, and intend to fix it first.

Is that really so hard to understand? That sometimes an unintended bug is found before it's released?

I know, I know, your rose tinted glasses have told you that 'game X' is spotless and bugfree- there are bugs on WoW that have been in for over a year- even today- some of which are extremely detrimental (pet spawn at 5% hp bug for example- renders hunters useless and to a degree hurts locks bad too)

Be thankful BW actually tries to fix bugs- AoC and WAR both didn't seem to give a care for theirs for months after release.

GengisKahn
01.17.2012 , 11:37 AM | #15
I dont think delaying the patch is a big deal, and we wouldnt have noticed if they didnt told us about it.

I do think though, that if they delay a content patch like this, they should delay it till the next raid reset day where they have it ready, and not launch it between raid resets.

If i were BW, i would launch it on a tuesday.

Donnach
01.17.2012 , 11:40 AM | #16
I would agree with you on the point that they should stick to a maintenance pattern in that I would rather they just wait till next tuesday, or whichever tuesday its ready, than having an extended downtime on a thursday. Apart from that though I think you need to chillax, I am a fan of progression guilds, but right now there is no progression even with 1.1 announced. Serious progression will only occur once bioware has the time to set out a schedule of "raid" content releases. Currently their priorities are bugs, legacy system, bugs, guild functionality, bugs, class balancing, bugs.... feel free to chime in if I miss something. Point of the matter being you need to recognize that operations alone are likely not a programming priority and progression even less so, and that you and your guild will need to content yourselves on the other aspects of the game until such time as BW can make raid progression a reality. The stories for some of the classes are good enough for me to keep leveling alts in the meantime, perhaps that would be a good avenue for your efforts, would make your ops groups more versatile.

GengisKahn
01.17.2012 , 11:40 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Hulgos View Post
would you rather have a repeat of Ulduar?

Horrible black holes and mega bugs, character eating zones due to an untested patch? No thank you.

The game has only been out for a month now. There's still an enormous amount of bugs (nothing out of the ordinary for a game this size) that need to be discovered and fixed. Adding an untested content update, with known bugs (which they stated in their note to everyone) would only compound problems.

We can only hope that BW manages to do something even close to Ulduar, which for me its the best raid even in WOW, for inmersion and content, followed by BT, Kara and SSC.

Iusedtoplaywow
01.17.2012 , 11:45 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Krazy_Karl View Post
"Progression" Raiding in this game currently makes up what % of their revenue stream? When you find the answer to that, you will then know the amount of effort Bioware will put in to addressing your complaint.

This game was designed and marketed to casuals who wanted the story and the immersion. I find it odd that all of the people who fall into your "progression raiding" niche still haven't understood that. Maybe I overestimated your intelligence.

Regards,
KK
It fails harder at immersion with the stale world than it does with raiding, and the story is stock-adventure stuff. Your point kinda sucks.

Krazy_Karl
01.17.2012 , 11:52 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Iusedtoplaywow View Post
It fails harder at immersion with the stale world than it does with raiding, and the story is stock-adventure stuff. Your point kinda sucks.
Guess your space bar got a lot of use when you were leveling. And I never said they did a good job of it, I stated Bioware was targeting casual gamers with their marketing, not the 40 hour a week, hardcore raiding, epeen stroking, world first crowd that seem to be running rampant on these forums.

So no, my point is still valid.

Regards,
KK
Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

eezee
01.17.2012 , 11:53 AM | #20
It's amazing to me how many people reply to this thread without really understanding the meaning.

1. How many people do you think tested the new operation and flashpoint on the PTR? (the answer is 0) so I fail to see how delaying this even 6 months from now would make that much better.

2. If they want to delay it, fine, delay it until next Tuesday.

3. Maybe 1% do make up the players that do end game progression style raids. Guess what though, those 1% are the same 1% that post videos and help generate interest in the game. I think many, many, people underestimate how important it is to have a strong end game progression community. Our MC videos had around 2-3 million views on youtube when they were released. So, re-think the whole "why appeal to 1%" attitude.
Nightmares Asylum
US - Hedarr Soongh
10/10 16 man Nightmare