Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nadia Grell (Spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Nadia Grell (Spoilers)

Iollaum
01.17.2012 , 03:38 AM | #1
Since I got her I use her as a companion but I think the story around her is really really odd.

First when you finally get her as a companion she suddenly has a full Jedi Equipment (robes, double bladed lightsaber and i think a focus) and lots of powers beside the wave she used that one time before and I just thought W-T-F

Than she is romancable and is really forcing herself onto you but there seems only be the two ways going in love with her and throwing away all the jedi teachings or saying her could hearted to bug off. I tried to do a middle thing and say her that she is just compensating for the death of her father, not wanting to hurt her feelings but suddenly my character ended up kissing her and there was this W-T-F feeling again.
So now my good as it could be, every following the jedi code counsler is making around with his padawan

Well I will continue to use her as a companion and ignore the story part with her but I find it sad that it is so simple and well...childish.

Hakkology
01.17.2012 , 03:46 AM | #2
Agreed, she practically jumps towards you. It's almost too easy.

Not to mention she's supposed to be a jedi ! She's also useless as a companion. She's no tank, can't be used with Jedi Sages. She's just shadow dps , weak padawan that you have to travel with.

I personally only took her out when im about to have a dialogue in Voss, never used her other than that. Besides, her voice makes me eat my fingernails, no offence actual voice artist !
Hakko of the Red Eclipse ( Telekinetics Sage )

DamirDM
01.17.2012 , 07:29 AM | #3
I agree. Makes me wish I had the Sith racial so I could just backhand her each time she spoke! It's always "It's nice to see you" and other crap about how..... innocent? she is about the galaxy. Bleh. Give Miranda from ME2 any day xD Or even Kelly.

It feels like the companion stories are half hearted in this game. I hope BioWare improves them in the future, as they usually make very rich and thrilling stories.

feliix
01.17.2012 , 09:50 AM | #4
As a shadow tank, Nadia is absolutely my favorite companion.

I've geared her up as dps, and she is awesome for that. And her
hair brained comments are my favorite part. Basically, if it's
not a heavy champion/many elites fight, Nadia is out to make
the enemies die fast. Otherwise it's Theran and Ms. Holiday.

Dreggzender
01.17.2012 , 10:47 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by feliix View Post
As a shadow tank, Nadia is absolutely my favorite companion.

I've geared her up as dps, and she is awesome for that. And her
hair brained comments are my favorite part. Basically, if it's
not a heavy champion/many elites fight, Nadia is out to make
the enemies die fast. Otherwise it's Theran and Ms. Holiday.
all of this
(███████████████████}|█[Ξ()SNARK[]Ξ█|{████████████████████)

smartalectwo
01.17.2012 , 11:06 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Iollaum View Post
I tried to do a middle thing and say her that she is just compensating for the death of her father, not wanting to hurt her feelings but suddenly my character ended up kissing her and there was this W-T-F feeling again.
What I'd actually kind of like to see in an expansion is the revelation that she was unconsciously using Force Persuasion on you. The Consular may be a Jedi Master, but he's also kind of a young twerp, and it's hinted that Nadia is at least his equal in terms of raw power, if not training. Might not have realised what she was doing.

Hm. Makes the whole relationship kinda dark, really. I guess that... once she loses her loved one's favour, then she'll be turned to the Dark Side by some opportunistic Sith and try to kill her master, possibly while on a volcanic planet hey wait a minute
There is no try.

Dominoris
01.17.2012 , 11:14 AM | #7
ooo ... FrankenNadia.
Clones are people two.

_Scattered_
01.17.2012 , 12:21 PM | #8
"Come on! Times wasting and there's sooo much to do!"

"Nobody hurts my friends!"

She's so adorable

ZenBones
01.17.2012 , 01:01 PM | #9
Yeah, I ended up romancing her COMPLETELY BY ACCIDENT. Apparently if you're not a jerk to her right up front, and instead try to go middle of the road and be nice, you end up kissing her and developing a romance. You can't avoid it, since the decision you made like 2 conversations back set the direction for it.

My intent was to be a good Jedi teacher, and have her just be my padawan, but I wanted to be nice to her and let her have some hero worship. That ended up being a full-on romance. Arg.

So eventually I got her up to 10,000 affection, and the final conversation gave me the option to propose marriage. I went middle-ground again, which ended up being something kind, that she liked (another +102 affection), but leaves it at "I don't want to lose you". And then it just stopped there. No closure. Weird.
Jedi Consular Shadow - "Sounds dangerous. I'll take care of it."
May the farce be with you.

GavinPatterson
01.18.2012 , 12:37 AM | #10
lol you know all Masters fool around with there padawans......why do you really think Anakin skywalker really turned on the jedi and murdered them all?
Jedi Master and Consular