Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operation Composition 8 & 16

Ramaos
01.17.2012 , 07:47 AM | #1
Hi All,

Just a quick question about Operation setups. Not looking for classes but Tank, Heal and DPS.

Generally how many Tanks, Healer and DPS are taken to 8 and 16 person? lets say the members are in a mixture of HM and Champion gear.

I have been reading an increasing number of posts saying that genrally you only take one Tank, is this the case?

Thanks for any info
Havoc Squad, we're the best of the best.

Koivie
01.17.2012 , 07:51 AM | #2
I can't speak for 16 mans, but 8 mans are 1 Tank, 2 Healers, 5 DPS typically. Sometimes my healers complain that the healing is too easy, though. You might be able to get away with 1 healer if he's very good.

Ramaos
01.17.2012 , 10:10 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Koivie View Post
I can't speak for 16 mans, but 8 mans are 1 Tank, 2 Healers, 5 DPS typically. Sometimes my healers complain that the healing is too easy, though. You might be able to get away with 1 healer if he's very good.
Thanks. Looks like a lot of our Tanks will be re-gearing and spec'ing

Sicx
01.17.2012 , 10:17 AM | #4
16 Karagga's you will need 2 tanks, as the trash leading to Bonethrasher is not CC'able.

Can't speak for 16 EV, but I'm sure it would be the same. I could see the Pylons becoming a huge problem with 1 tank in 16m.
Jacka
Echelon

Ramaos
01.17.2012 , 10:37 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sicx View Post
16 Karagga's you will need 2 tanks, as the trash leading to Bonethrasher is not CC'able.

Can't speak for 16 EV, but I'm sure it would be the same. I could see the Pylons becoming a huge problem with 1 tank in 16m.
Cheers. Thanks for the advice

ianjeffs
01.17.2012 , 10:42 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sicx View Post

You can see the trash on 8 man - strange you cant on 16man. On Pylons 8 hardmode we have been using a dps spec'd juggernaut in tank gear to tank one side with no real issues.

If you take 2 tanks to Bonethrasher you will be really hurting your dps because he has no threat table - again if you need tanks for trash get a dps assassin or juggernaut to do the job by switching stance and throwing a little tanking gear on.

Even with annihilation droid hard mode we got away with a dps off tank to increase our dmg output.
Grintogg
Powertech Tank
GM of <O o O> - Empire guild
Legions of Lettow - EU PvP -http://oooguild.shivtr.com/