Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So when can I actually see where to position Soa?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
So when can I actually see where to position Soa?

Tomidius
01.17.2012 , 07:44 AM | #21
I get Soa under the pylons maybe 7 out of 8 times... We have wiped and got bugged out many attempts, and I did tank the first Soa kill on our server..

7-8 times is not good enough.... If you miss one of those things it takes a miracle for your raid to kill the boss... Its possible... but with enrage and people getting trapped and stuff you just dont have enough time..

Sure If we were playing baseball 7 for 8 would be awesome but in this encounter if the tank misses 1 of 4... that attempt is pretty much a wash.. You can get a 5th one if enrage didnt hit and kill you.. Or if tank didnt get mind trapped and have Soa Reset.

I have had the assassin immediately taunt Soa if tank gets mind trapped and I think that has prevented him from reseting.. we shall see.

Leadros
01.17.2012 , 09:02 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
There is no reason why I, or my raid, should have to fight the game's UI or the camera rather than the incredibly straightforward game mechanics.

Make a shadow fall where the pylon lands, or allow the camera to be zoomed out further.
there is a reason, you want to kill the boss, if the boss involves having an idea what goes on in the boss fight room, its part of it.

why would you want a circle when you have a BIG FLYING PYLON. Im tanking this boss too, and yeah, i had a few problems the first tries, but thats what raiding is, its learning and getting a feel for it until you know where and how far you have to drag the boss.

If you really want a streamlined boss fight where everything is shown and told to you, then hope that bioware gives you an easier version than normal, maybe you are happy then.

and again, its the one and only encounter that needs a tank that has a clue about what hes doing. and what happens? people find it to hard to pull a boss under 4 pylons. this boggles my mind.
Lord Leadros <Faule Studis>
Sith-Juggernaut Server: Darth Traya