Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Strange Video Images Appearing

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

01.15.2012 , 11:43 AM | #1
I have been experiencing this problem a few times this week only on the planet Hoth i never seen anything like this on any other planet or in space , everything of mine is updated to the latest Drivers ,i'm using Nvidia Beta 290.53 atm everything seemed to be ok until planet Hoth now i'm not sure if anybody else has noticed anything strange like this going on , here is a copy of my system : and a link to the picture , any help would be gladly appreciated thank you :

This post has been edited to include spoiler tags. – CS Forum Team

01.16.2012 , 01:06 AM | #2
bump this up please

01.16.2012 , 05:10 AM | #3
Bump up

01.16.2012 , 05:33 AM | #4
When you quit the game and go back in is it still like that or was it a once off thing?
And these blast points, too accurate for Sandpeople.

01.17.2012 , 06:43 AM | #5
it would stop for a while but it would come back occasionally now it's doing it again this time on planet Belsavis sheez this is frustrating .

01.17.2012 , 08:22 AM | #6
bump up

01.17.2012 , 08:37 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Darkwonder,

When you bring up the launcher please click on the settings button that looks like two cogs then click repair installation to ensure that your game asset files are not causing a problem. Also be sure you have all important windows updates installed including .Net Framework and C++ Redistributables as well as the latest non-beta video drivers.

Thank You for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

01.17.2012 , 09:13 AM | #8
Have you checked the temp of your card?

Some others have reported heat issues with their cards playing TOR. Personal experience I've had heat issues with nVidia cards which produced results like you're seeing.

01.17.2012 , 10:53 AM | #9
no i haven't checked my GPU temps yet ,but i did roll back from the beta drivers back to the original ones i haven't seen the strange weird images i was seeing before ,also iv'e updated all my windows updates but i'll double check just to be safe i don't remember seeing these types or weird images appearing during beta might have been due to the fact i wasn't using beta drivers yet hopefully that's what the problem was only time will tell .

01.17.2012 , 11:01 AM | #10
nvidia's drivers just suck right now. 290 is a skyrim update and doesn't help in swtor.

a lot of nvidia cards are having issues with power management too and shutting down to 2d mode (405mhz) until you hard restart and this is 100% related to drivers. what app you're running doesnt' really affect it, how graphic intensive, it just seems that at times it decides to swap to power saving 2d mode and wont' swap back.

it is responsible for a lot of FPS drops in swtor but isn't because of swtor

until we get better drivers, which is probably a few MONTHS away, there isn't a ton bw can do. it's not on their end