Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who likes capes?

LongGui
01.17.2012 , 06:33 AM | #1
Having a look through the screenshot thread and there are very few capes. The look people seem to be hapy with are rather cape-less.

Now it could be that many people are low level but more than one person has stated they are keeping there spider set armour for the forseeable future.

Now I could imagine something like a long jacket for concealing weapons etc, but many of the armour sets look like something out of marvel comics. At worst I will use a cape thats the same width all the way down.

The force users have a fair bit of tradition when it comes to clothing, and the trooper has tank plating to paint and arrange as deemed necessary. The smuggler wears what the general population wears, with extra holsters and pockets.

So what do you think? Do you like these capes or prefer something that would blend in at cantina on tatooine.

Edit: Some examples.
Long jacket "Western Look" I dont mind these.
Utility Like these as well. (What I currently wear at level 36)
Cape begining to look like going to fancy dress.
Superman I seem to be seeing nothing but this as I level, I hope high level != cape.
Lemar 50 ____________________Vedonna 28
Rymbosh main___________________Harl 18
Seymor 18_________________Orelias 19
80% Explorer, 67% Achiever, 40% Socializer, 13% Killer.

luftbyxa
01.17.2012 , 06:39 AM | #2
I'm one of the few who loves the western looks!

mrswyp
01.17.2012 , 06:45 AM | #3
Many people like 'the western look'.
Problem is a cape isn't very western is it.
Trenchcoat = Western
Cape = Batman
Say my religion is peaceful. OR DIE!

Ricarus
01.17.2012 , 07:10 AM | #4
I prefer the short jackets, Han Solo look.

LongGui
01.17.2012 , 07:14 AM | #5
Added some examples I to prevent confusion to my original post.

I know its a long way down on priorites but I hope that more utility and western type gear gets added in the future.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ricarus View Post
I prefer the short jackets, Han Solo look.
Me too.
Lemar 50 ____________________Vedonna 28
Rymbosh main___________________Harl 18
Seymor 18_________________Orelias 19
80% Explorer, 67% Achiever, 40% Socializer, 13% Killer.

heavy_meta
01.17.2012 , 07:26 AM | #6
I've been rocking the Synthmesh Battle Jacket since I first ran through Hammer Station (I think that's where I got it, it was a long time ago). I just love the trenchcoat look.

I do not, however, like the trenchcoats that have the ridiculously huge, poofy collar; they look like pimp coats. Also, capes are lame, let the Jedi's pretend to be super heroes.
Remember folks: MVP your healers and tanks. Show you care.

darreke
01.17.2012 , 07:35 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LongGui View Post
Utility Like these as well.
Add the smuggler cowboy hat and you've got my "end-game" char. I also got the fancy pvp cape, but i only wear it when i am pvping cuz i so dont like the look.

Lets hope they add better epic mods so i can keep using the utility vest, if not then i'll just have to switch my wardrobe around to look great when i am idling and have usefull stuff on when doing other stuff.

SoulTermination
01.17.2012 , 10:19 AM | #8
I'm not really sure how to classify my favorite look. It's not really "Western" 'cause I don't particularly like dusters, but it does have a calf-length kind of coattail in the back. I'm wearing the Clan Varad Watcher's Jacket. I'm modding that until the end of time, haven't found anything else I even remotely like yet.
Member of Fusion/Fusion. "What is it to transcend?" | "To recognize nothing is true and everything is permitted. That laws arise not from divinity, but reason. I understand now that our creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise."

JediPwnstar
01.17.2012 , 10:39 AM | #9
I like all of those looks except the "Superman". That one just makes you look like Lando, and I could care less for his outfit.
Captain Natas Maccloud
Gunslinger
Video Game Loft
Server: Belgoth's Beacon

Talon_Starfire
01.17.2012 , 10:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LongGui View Post
Having a look through the screenshot thread and there are very few capes. The look people seem to be hapy with are rather cape-less.

Now it could be that many people are low level but more than one person has stated they are keeping there spider set armour for the forseeable future.

Now I could imagine something like a long jacket for concealing weapons etc, but many of the armour sets look like something out of marvel comics. At worst I will use a cape thats the same width all the way down.

The force users have a fair bit of tradition when it comes to clothing, and the trooper has tank plating to paint and arrange as deemed necessary. The smuggler wears what the general population wears, with extra holsters and pockets.

So what do you think? Do you like these capes or prefer something that would blend in at cantina on tatooine.

Edit: Some examples.
Long jacket "Western Look" I dont mind these.
Utility Like these as well. (What I currently wear at level 36)
Cape begining to look like going to fancy dress.
Superman I seem to be seeing nothing but this as I level, I hope high level != cape.
Trenchcoat for me please.
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper