Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So My Account is Locked, Sort of....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
So My Account is Locked, Sort of....

Kowasin
01.16.2012 , 07:36 AM | #1
My son spelled one of my security questions wrong enough times to get my account locked. I know, this is my problem.

I put in an "email" to get my account unlocked however I was notified that I will have to call customer service to get this done. Sorry but I don't feel like paying long distance charges to be on hold for hours to get this fixed.

Can someone please tell me why my game account/forum access is locked from home but I can still access it from work? Yes, this is my "locked" account I'm posting from.

I've cancelled my subscription until this can be fixed.

Thanks

renegadeimp
01.16.2012 , 07:37 AM | #2
The call to support is 100% free.

However, if you know your secret answers and questions, reset your password manually and fill in the info. You should be able to unlock it yourself then.

ANd you can probably post from work and not home due to your browser cookies and cache.

Plus theres a semi-major security loophole in the forums atm, which allows you to go to your main account admin page without actually logging in to it.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Kowasin
01.16.2012 , 07:38 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
The call to support is 100% free.

However, if you know your secret answers and questions, reset your password manually and fill in the info. You should be able to unlock it yourself then.
Thanks will give this a try.

The number to call isn't an 800 number and I'm not in the US so it is a long distance number.

renegadeimp
01.16.2012 , 07:43 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kowasin View Post
Thanks will give this a try.

The number to call isn't an 800 number and I'm not in the US so it is a long distance number.
Use skype or any other VOIP, use the international dialling code and call any of the freephone numbers. Theyre 100% free.

People have had success using google voice too.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

OMGLuXian
01.16.2012 , 08:28 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Use skype or any other VOIP, use the international dialling code and call any of the freephone numbers. Theyre 100% free.

People have had success using google voice too.
I got account locked aswell, but i didn't put wrong answers to security questions and i am the only user of this account..

So since i don't know if my account got hacked, i'm trying to call customer service but every number i try to call looks unvalaible (both uk,france,germay and other EU countries numbers)

I already filled the customer service form, but i know it'll take so long to have an answer, so how am i supposed to talk to customer service?

Where can i get the international dialling code to call by Skype?

Kowasin
01.17.2012 , 06:57 AM | #6
Resetting my password fixed this problem for me.

Thanks again.

Grooz
01.17.2012 , 07:07 AM | #7
If you go into skype preferences and set your country to united states then you can dial the number like you would in the united states without any international codes

Erevan_Kindelar
01.17.2012 , 07:25 AM | #8
If you are in Europe, there are localised numbers to call for UK, France and Germany.

As for the reason that you have to call regarding this instead of emailing, the Customer Service team have to confirm your identity with you on the telephone by asking you for information from your account details (but not your password).
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

tblader
01.17.2012 , 07:50 AM | #9
Resetting your password will unlock your account, A note though you have to know your security questions for this to work because right after you reset your password, you will be prompted to answer one of them. It saves time and your minutes depending on how you call.
JamesT CT-6816 West Texas Squad Leader Star Garrison
Proud Owner of movie accurate ...MK II - ABS Clone Trooper armor ~ $2000, Fiberglass Scout Trooper Armor ~ $1000, ABS Stormtrooper Armor ~ $1500
CE edition? Naw why pay extra for in-game perks when you can be the Imperial

Mushruums
01.17.2012 , 01:06 PM | #10
same thing is happening to me right now, though its telling me im answering my question wrong and i even wrote down the answer in case i forgot but it is telling me the answer is incorrect and even when i reset password it gives me the same question that i somehow answer incorrectly. It should seriously just let me unlock my account via my email address. If i do get back on, first thing im going to do is get rid of this 1 security question that is making things worse for me.