So when can I actually see where to position Soa?

When will the camera be fixed so I can actually see where the pylons are during the Soa fight? I fact that I have to tweak my camera around all sorts of angles while trying to position him is ridiculous, and the camera doesn't zoom out enough to get an overhead view of the pylon/Soa. If you can put an icon on the minimap of the huttball, can't you please do it for the pylon? This fight is lost constantly becuase the pylons coming out was very badly designed.

You can actually see where to position Soa when you go into your preference and increase the max camera distance....

I knew someone would say that.

Sorry, I've got camera at 100% and it the camera doesn't go above the pylon an soa. In fact, it barely gets above soa.

100% agree, it's not a big deal with pylon comes out but when it sits there and hovers on an edge you can't see anything. I'm constantly trying to change the angle of the camera to allways be viewing it from the middle of the room but it's still a pain in the arse.

Avia, there is a difference between something being difficult because it was designed that was and something being difficult because t was designed poorly. Thus fight isn't hard like hitting a home run, it's hard like hitting a double with a broken wrist.

Ahahah how cute he thinks his normal experience is relevant. Try hard mode, cutiepie.

The fight is absolute ******** without being able to see accurately where the stupid pylon stops. It travels to one of six predetermined points, but since you can't see that stupid thing unless you squeeze the camera all the way to the ground, and you have no depth perception on a monitor, it really does not help very much. And you have to position Soa underneath, too, not just yourself.

It's dumb as hell. You can barely catch the pylon at max camera distance looking straight down on yourself and only if you happen to be just underneath it.

This is my main problem with this fight as well. Trying to keep agro, help manage the raid, dodge lightning balls and see these stupid pylons. I can't seem to figure out a decent strategy for placing SOA under thiese things without flattening myself in the process thanks to the camera angles. They need to put a shadow (or at the minimum a circle) under the pylon to help the tanks position him.

Ahahah how cute he thinks his normal experience is relevant. Try hard mode, cutiepie.

The fight is absolute ******** without being able to see accurately where the stupid pylon stops. It travels to one of six predetermined points, but since you can't see that stupid thing unless you squeeze the camera all the way to the ground, and you have no depth perception on a monitor, it really does not help very much. And you have to position Soa underneath, too, not just yourself.

It's dumb as hell. You can barely catch the pylon at max camera distance looking straight down on yourself and only if you happen to be just underneath it.

yeah, because the pylons look totally different on hardmode! ;)

sorry, its the ONE the ONE THING in all the raidbosses where the tank has something hard to do, and what happens? you guys complain about it like little babys.

if you cant handle it, let others tank it who can controll the camera better then you guys.

yeah, because the pylons look totally different on hardmode! ;)

sorry, its the ONE the ONE THING in all the raidbosses where the tank has something hard to do, and what happens? you guys complain about it like little babys.

if you cant handle it, let others tank it who can controll the camera better then you guys.

It's dumb. It should be changed. Do you realize you JUST SAID it's hard because of the camera and not the encounter itself? I didn't realize BWs intent was to make some kind of Film Tycoon encounter where you have to master camera angles to win.

I've positioned him correctly in 16 normal and hard, I guess camera work is just something I'm used to. A shadow would be nice however. If you're at 100% zoom and YOU (not boss) are standing right under it and go bird's eye, it will cover up your camera and you won't be able to see anything. I do this, see I'm under it, then move back a few more steps and he's under it.

The only problems I've encountered is the pylon coming down on him, smashing, him going to his knees for a split second then coming back up. The shield never goes down as he apparently isn't hit. A bug, but annoying.

I try to save 1 defensive cool down for each smash, as unless you run away at the perfect moment you will take some damage. Popping one cool down, being topped off, and/or having a sage shield on you should make it so you don't have to worry about death, just make sure you don't get knocked off the edge to the lava.

Hope this helps you at all, I agree the mechanic is annoying, but it isn't impossible and I've seen much harder.

Instead of zoming out max for the pylons in the end phase do it like me.

As soon as you have seen a pylon coming zoom into first person view and run to it then look straight up while you run right under it and over to the other side (with the boss following you because you tauntet him) This is making it super easy to get into the right position and to see where the beam will hit.

Oh and when the pylon comes, say pylon and have you sage/sorc shield you because you will prolly get hit by it 50% of the time. Just live with it, you should be able to take it or you need better gear.

Then zoom out to max again so you can watch for a new pylon and ligthing balls.

(alittle show off, 20k hps now weee)

Can't afford to run around in first person more in HM. Balls will kill you.

Read the last few lines i wrote

ONLY go into first person view when you are running to the pylon and under it, to look straight up so you know the correct spot it will hit.

there is no problem at all seeing where to put him to get knocked down. It actually quite easy to see. But why you guys TRYING so hard to put him RIGHt under it, he just need to be in the Aoe dmg to be knocked down, he can be about 3 meters out to be knocked down. its like a 5-7 meter area you put him in, if you can get the boss in that size, then your doing something wrong.

It's dumb. It should be changed. Do you realize you JUST SAID it's hard because of the camera and not the encounter itself? I didn't realize BWs intent was to make some kind of Film Tycoon encounter where you have to master camera angles to win.

Yeah, its so damn hard, i should earn a medal for every pylon I land.

I die on the second boss too if i cant use the camera to spot the islands and land a jump.

If you cant even watch your sorroundings well enough in a phase where you dont even have to worry about the aggro that much, you really shouldnt tank at all, since, you know, its a kind of important role.

Really, just pass the role to someone who can use it, because it seems there are more then enough who know how to tank soa.

Read the last few lines i wrote

ONLY go into first person view when you are running to the pylon and under it, to look straight up so you know the correct spot it will hit.

Can't run around in first person mode in HM. Balls will kill you.

There is no reason why I, or my raid, should have to fight the game's UI or the camera rather than the incredibly straightforward game mechanics.

Make a shadow fall where the pylon lands, or allow the camera to be zoomed out further.

I get Soa under the pylons maybe 7 out of 8 times... We have wiped and got bugged out many attempts, and I did tank the first Soa kill on our server..

7-8 times is not good enough.... If you miss one of those things it takes a miracle for your raid to kill the boss... Its possible... but with enrage and people getting trapped and stuff you just dont have enough time..

Sure If we were playing baseball 7 for 8 would be awesome but in this encounter if the tank misses 1 of 4... that attempt is pretty much a wash.. You can get a 5th one if enrage didnt hit and kill you.. Or if tank didnt get mind trapped and have Soa Reset.

I have had the assassin immediately taunt Soa if tank gets mind trapped and I think that has prevented him from reseting.. we shall see.

There is no reason why I, or my raid, should have to fight the game's UI or the camera rather than the incredibly straightforward game mechanics.

Make a shadow fall where the pylon lands, or allow the camera to be zoomed out further.

there is a reason, you want to kill the boss, if the boss involves having an idea what goes on in the boss fight room, its part of it.

why would you want a circle when you have a BIG FLYING PYLON. Im tanking this boss too, and yeah, i had a few problems the first tries, but thats what raiding is, its learning and getting a feel for it until you know where and how far you have to drag the boss.

If you really want a streamlined boss fight where everything is shown and told to you, then hope that bioware gives you an easier version than normal, maybe you are happy then.

and again, its the one and only encounter that needs a tank that has a clue about what hes doing. and what happens? people find it to hard to pull a boss under 4 pylons. this boggles my mind.

Edited by Leadros