Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

commands

Drusillus
12.14.2011 , 10:10 AM | #1
Are there commands to tell my companion to do a gathering skill? Like, can I tell Mako to go and Scavange the dead droid?
Also, is there a command to have the companion do the looting as well?
Drusillus
Bloodguard | Mind Trick Server | PvE / EST
Recruiting is OPEN | Casual, Friendly, Adult Atmosphere

amazinghuntrat
05.25.2015 , 02:11 PM | #2
Yes but it depends on the type of droid, and the skill you have. For example at KDY, some droid scavenging requires, from my memory 450 scavenging. Really depends on your skill and the planet/area you are in. I believe for savenging, an Empire character might have it good on Nar Shadda (and maybe Republic too) And republic might have it good on Corascant, at the Black Sun and Justicar Territory. Hope this helps!
http://www.swtor.com/r/PSV2ln -Referral Code: Free Stuff!!!
-------------------------- The Orvewol Legacy-------------------------
-----Aldaror-lvl 20 Sage/Mindas-lvl 21 Sentinel/Ethinus-lvl 7 Trooper-----

SteveTheCynic
05.26.2015 , 01:53 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Drusillus View Post
Are there commands to tell my companion to do a gathering skill? Like, can I tell Mako to go and Scavange the dead droid?
Also, is there a command to have the companion do the looting as well?
First part: just right-click on the dead heavy (silver or stronger) droid, and normally your companion will scavenge it, except if your scavenging level isn't high enough. If there are two available (see e.g. the H2 on Coruscant with the face clinic, where you get pairs (or more) of heavy droids), and you click the second before your companion is finished with the first, you will scavenge the second.

Second part: No. You loot. (I may be wrong here, but this isn't Allods Online, where you can buy a "loot pet" that loots automatically.)

psandak
05.26.2015 , 08:10 AM | #4
The default is as SteveTheCynic says. however there is an option in the preferences to turn off companion gathering. I do not recall where it is and I do not have the game in front of me to check but the option does exist.

Naelidaan
05.26.2015 , 10:47 AM | #5
If you go to Preferences-->Controls-->then the General section, there's a Request Companion to Gather toggle. There you can switch between whether you or your companion are the default gatherer, or enable dual commands for both.

With both, right-click has your character gather, and shift-right click your companion, so you can gather from any two sources at the same time. This is rather handy for speeding up gathering if you're farming droids/beasts.