Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So still no NPC stealth detection fix?

TrickElders
01.16.2012 , 09:30 PM | #1
NPCs/Mobs with stealth detection are actually detecting and aggroing on stealthed players at greater range than players not in stealth. Makes several flashpoints nearly impossible to run with a Shadow/Assassin/Scoundrel/Operative who is rightly trying to maximize their effectiveness by stealthing up to enemies. They can just enter stealth while the entire group is outside of aggro range, and the detectors will "see" them and aggro anyway.

Quite annoying, and should have been a simple fix...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lancer_Kyral in the Commando forum View Post
Are you naming your Medical Probes and if so what are their names?
Quote: Originally Posted by PaxFelix View Post
I never met a medical probe I wanted to name. And at age 53, I've met more than a few. Never pleasant.
Quote: Originally Posted by Noxinfernus View Post
You sir, win the internet.

Blutelf
01.16.2012 , 10:37 PM | #2
In which FP is this happening? Never seen it as a tank.

Sigmah
01.16.2012 , 11:28 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
every single one
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

GenericBadGuy
01.16.2012 , 11:32 PM | #4
When your group gets to a boss or miniboss, watch the boss' animations. They will do a "Whats that in the distance?" look, and you will see a giant targeting circle appear over the stealth class. They then have about 2 seconds to back off or the group will aggro.
Chewie and I have gotten into pants more heavily guarded than this.

mikepapz
01.16.2012 , 11:39 PM | #5
I'm a Scoundrel and can confirm this issue. I don't really get how a mob can see me in stealth 30+ meters away while the rest of my group is standing 20 meters from a mob.

Yeah I get the fact it's meant to stop stealth classes from sneaking past everything in a FP, but at least reduce the range of the stealth detection to that of a normal body pull.

I'm not able to use my opener on bosses and as a Scoundrel, I have to run for 20 meters after the tank has pulled before I can start dpsing as I don't have a gap-closer. Quite annoying.

Pretty much all bosses in FP's, some Gold Droids and various (very small number) elites have a "stealth detection". They put a red-symbol on top of the stealthed person, then take them out of stealth and immediately put the whole group in combat.

If you've ever had a situation where you thought someone had ninja-pulled, they probably did literally "ninja-pull".

Soshla
01.17.2012 , 12:51 AM | #6
It wasn't until I pulled a boss in Hammer Station while standing with everyone else that I even realized this was happening, and that's why we kept getting added champion mobs. Droids seem particularly annoying with this.

JowyyKazza
01.17.2012 , 12:56 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TrickElders View Post
NPCs/Mobs with stealth detection are actually detecting and aggroing on stealthed players at greater range than players not in stealth. Makes several flashpoints nearly impossible to run with a Shadow/Assassin/Scoundrel/Operative who is rightly trying to maximize their effectiveness by stealthing up to enemies. They can just enter stealth while the entire group is outside of aggro range, and the detectors will "see" them and aggro anyway.

Quite annoying, and should have been a simple fix...
i thought it was just me seeing this, but yah i find that i have to stand well behind the group just to not be seen, really frustrating and annoying to be the guy who's standing alongside the rest of the group and drawing aggro from bosses, so now i just stand very far back to prevent myself from being the reason for a wipe
Jowyykazza of Valcyn/SWG
Jowyy of Canderous Ordo
I operate the fans.....OR WAS I PUSHED?!

shark_megabyte
01.17.2012 , 01:02 AM | #8
It may be happening in earlier flashpoints, but didn't start to become a problem for my Shadow until Taral V. I want this fixed too (set stealth detection range = or less than non-stealth detection range).
Master Gallifreia, 50 Shadow - Rubat Crystal->Ebon Hawk
SWTOR needs: Adjustable armor colors (player choice, not hue to x piece), Increased Social Support (sit-able public chairs/couches, pazaak) Unlimited ignore list size by F2P start date

TrickElders
01.17.2012 , 11:14 PM | #9
Yeah, it became a real issue for me on my Scoundrel starting with Taral V. But it caused me to remember some strange times when bosses in Hammer Station and Manda Raiders aggroed for no good reason. Then I realized I had hit stealth as we prepped to kill the boss, and immediately I got aggro.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lancer_Kyral in the Commando forum View Post
Are you naming your Medical Probes and if so what are their names?
Quote: Originally Posted by PaxFelix View Post
I never met a medical probe I wanted to name. And at age 53, I've met more than a few. Never pleasant.
Quote: Originally Posted by Noxinfernus View Post
You sir, win the internet.

Dazgen
01.27.2012 , 02:22 AM | #10
Yeah try doing one of the Ilum quest series with scoundrel....
Just annoyingly frustrating....
Strong npcs with stealth detection or i should say some drunk scriptwriter boosted npcs.
It's damn big difference between 40 meters and normal 20 meters agrro range....