Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Server forums?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

rockcrown's Avatar


rockcrown
01.16.2012 , 08:20 AM | #981
i always enjoyed the server specific forums in past games. a general discussion and a trade forum is needed please! It is essential to meeting people and coordinating on your server. this should be a no brainer.
| Agent Corvallis |
-= Severed =-

Vandrel-Blitz's Avatar


Vandrel-Blitz
01.16.2012 , 03:43 PM | #982
Quote: Originally Posted by rockcrown View Post
i always enjoyed the server specific forums in past games. a general discussion and a trade forum is needed please! It is essential to meeting people and coordinating on your server. this should be a no brainer.
Trade forums would be nice as well
Electric Mayhem (click for more details)
SWTOR - The Shadowlands - US East - PVE - Empire Guild

Yhor's Avatar


Yhor
01.16.2012 , 04:51 PM | #983
Until there's official server forums implemented, I think it would be a great benefit to choose our own "unofficial-official" server forums. A one stop web location where all servers are able to benefit from a larger community. Guilds could recruit more easily in a more publicly accessible location, crew skill/trading discussions that are server specific attract new players to your server, faction balance discussions, etc... all are important factors in attracting players to your server; you just can't get that from individual servers hosting by themselves.

At ********** (link in my sig), you get an all inclusive pass to all of the individual server needs, a larger discussion group focused on helping the communities of individual servers (their server), and tools for guilds to discuss things privately in their own guild group (more info on that feature http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1597073 ).

Current forum stats..
Quote:
SWTOR Owned - SWTOR Forums Statistics
Threads 471
Posts 1,338
Members 283
Welcome to our newest member, *****

Average Registrations 6.15 Per Day, 43.07 Per Week, 184.57 Per Month
Average Posts 29.73 Per Day, 208.13 Per Week, 892 Per Month
Average Threads 10.47 Per Day, 73.27 Per Week, 314 Per Month
I think it's a good alternative until there is individual Official forums. And should still prove useful thereafter.

And no, I'm not an admin, mod, or affiliated with this site in any way, other than being a member who likes what he sees.
Unrepentant Gaming Community
When I can't handle events, I let them handle themselves. ~Henry Ford

Broom's Avatar


Broom
01.16.2012 , 04:58 PM | #984
Quote: Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Until there's official server forums implemented, I think it would be a great benefit to choose our own "unofficial-official" server forums. A one stop web location where all servers are able to benefit from a larger community. Guilds could recruit more easily in a more publicly accessible location, crew skill/trading discussions that are server specific attract new players to your server, faction balance discussions, etc... all are important factors in attracting players to your server; you just can't get that from individual servers hosting by themselves.

At ********** (link in my sig), you get an all inclusive pass to all of the individual server needs, a larger discussion group focused on helping the communities of individual servers (their server), and tools for guilds to discuss things privately in their own guild group (more info on that feature http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1597073 ).

Current forum stats..


I think it's a good alternative until there is individual Official forums. And should still prove useful thereafter.

And no, I'm not an admin, mod, or affiliated with this site in any way, other than being a member who likes what he sees.
Actually, I think it's a pretty horrible idea. In this age of identity theft, account hacking and account usage date harvesting, I'm very careful as to where I leave my personal information. Random forums from people I don't know (and can't hold to account when - not if - my stuff gets stolen or abused) are very much out.
<Fated>
Vornskr - Empire - PVE / The Fatman - Republic - PVP

Yhor's Avatar


Yhor
01.16.2012 , 05:06 PM | #985
Quote: Originally Posted by Broom View Post
Actually, I think it's a pretty horrible idea. In this age of identity theft, account hacking and account usage date harvesting, I'm very careful as to where I leave my personal information. Random forums from people I don't know (and can't hold to account when - not if - my stuff gets stolen or abused) are very much out.
Well, hopefully people are intelligent enough to not leave personal identification on ANY website they go to. This includes login information (don't use the same info/password to login to multiple sites).

Also, my point was more towards the multitude of servers hosting individual sites, which your stance is more supportive of my point, in that case.

UNTIL BioWare gets individual server forums up and running, those looking for alternatives for now, not when BW has an epiphany, then the one stop site has much more benefit than forums spread out all over.
Unrepentant Gaming Community
When I can't handle events, I let them handle themselves. ~Henry Ford

Iron_sides's Avatar


Iron_sides
01.16.2012 , 05:13 PM | #986
This thread was created over a month ago and there is already a sticky for server forums

can we lock this thread?
Visit the Vrook Lamar Server Community Site
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

Yhor's Avatar


Yhor
01.16.2012 , 05:16 PM | #987
Quote: Originally Posted by Iron_sides View Post
This thread was created over a month ago and there is already a sticky for server forums

can we lock this thread?
Until official individual server forums are implemented, this thread has it's usefulness. If locked, three more just like it will pop up shortly thereafter.
Unrepentant Gaming Community
When I can't handle events, I let them handle themselves. ~Henry Ford

Meluna's Avatar


Meluna
01.16.2012 , 05:25 PM | #988
Hello there, everyone!

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us in this thread. That said, this thread is near the 1,000 post limit and so we will be closing it. In addition, there is a thread from Allison in our General Discussion forum that explains new forum changes that will be coming soon, and it addresses the issue of server forums. We're going to ask that everyone please heads on over to the below link to share their thoughts on this. Thank you for your understanding!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=173672