Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Argument against LFG

shamanmonkey
01.16.2012 , 03:13 PM | #1
I'm going to be in the vocal minority here, but I'm happy with how the grouping(or lack of grouping)system stands. Community is made on needs and not desires.

You want a regular endless source of group members?

That's what a guild is for. No good ones? Start one. I did and I haven't pugged a Flashpoint since. And no, they aren't veterans or close friends. We learn together, teach each other, have some laughs and play for fun.

The WoW style LFG tool destroyed the remaining idea of community in that MMO. SWTOR is a breath of fresh air BECAUSE of it's community limitations. You have to build ties, meet friend, talk to people, be charming, learn about generosity, etc.

Hitting a button and getting a group leads to individual army-of-one mentalities and ******s left and right.

We need each other, and my request is the there never is an LFG tool. Otherwise I fear we will again forget that feeling and give up our community for lazy grinds and meaningless progression.

trotsky_tor
01.16.2012 , 03:15 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by shamanmonkey View Post
You have to build ties, meet friend, talk to people, be charming, learn about generosity, etc.
You are obviously playing with different people than I am.

Romulusss
01.16.2012 , 03:17 PM | #3
hit 50 please before you post garbage like this

Ageizm
01.16.2012 , 03:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by romulusss View Post
hit 50 please before you post garbage like this

^this
Main: Ageless-Sith Sorcerer Level 50
Legacy: Warchief
Server: Vulkar Highway PvP
Guild: <Resurgence>

Caraanam
01.16.2012 , 03:19 PM | #5
Im not 50 but i totally agree with this idea. LRG and the newest evil LFR killed the wow community or need to know any member of the community or even be in a guild. Hit a button, see the content, be a jerk, never been seen again. No ties, no responsibility, no reason to care about the ppl you are working with...

I hope we never see it in this game.

trotsky_tor
01.16.2012 , 03:23 PM | #6
There's a difference between LFG and cross-realm LFG. Personally I'm for the former, and against the latter.

With an LFG tool that only forms groups from your realm, it makes it a lot easier to get into groups, etc when you are out doing dailies or whatever. You still get to know the people from your server because that's where the people are coming from.

If someone's a jerk, you can tell other people on your server they're a jerk.

Frostyforce
01.16.2012 , 03:25 PM | #7
Because spamming general chat on the fleet for an hour plus is fun and building a community, right?
As it stands right now, I'm still lone wolfing flashpoints; no one even talks during runs. The only difference is it takes me forever to find that group in the first place.
Sometimes I like to cover myself in peanut butter, hop in the washing machine, and pretend I'm a bear.

Moricthian
01.16.2012 , 03:25 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Caraanam View Post
Im not 50 but i totally agree with this idea. LRG and the newest evil LFR killed the wow community or need to know any member of the community or even be in a guild. Hit a button, see the content, be a jerk, never been seen again. No ties, no responsibility, no reason to care about the ppl you are working with...

I hope we never see it in this game.
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_hoc_ergo_propter_hoc

Darth_Bond
01.16.2012 , 03:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Frostyforce View Post
Because spamming general chat on the fleet for an hour plus is fun and building a community, right?
As it stands right now, I'm still lone wolfing flashpoints; no one even talks during runs. The only difference is it takes me forever to find that group in the first place.

^this

+1

WTB dungeon finder, for the occasional level or 2 your behind because you hate the planet your on, or your bored, etc etc etc.
Story is so important i sold starwars to disney and asked jj abrams to direct the new star wars film....and that is why we cant have faction change!

Beaverhero
01.16.2012 , 05:10 PM | #10
The term "server community" coming from the buggy whip lobby of SWTOR is laughable.

People ARE ALREADY complete ***-hats on my server with the lack of respect for the time of others, gear etiquette and patience for players learning the ropes of tanking and healing.

Anonymous cross-server grouping couldn't breed a lot of bigger jerks than what's already around Imperial side The Swiftsure.

To impede the progress of players with less time and networking prowess available due to your make-believe idea of "community" is simply elitist nonsense.