Making groups with 1 of each base class

I understand both sides of the arguments against and for it. Having been doing endgame a few weeks now I have to say I've come over to the side of not hating on the people that look for it. My guild HM group just happened to be this type of group by coincidence but sometimes one of us isn't there (most often our Shadow). When first starting HMs your group is going to have a rough time meeting the rage timers and the different buffs provided by each base class (except Trooper but I'm the trooper so its a moot point) are all critical to pushing out the extra dps and heals to get you through. The armor differentiation is just a bonus of having this setup. So at the end of the day you have to have some sympathies for HM party shouts for class runs instead of all the heat that usually comes up over it.

Not entirely true. When I started hard modes I did not have each buff represented, but still my groups had enough DPS to beat out the enrages.

That said, you do need a degree of buff diversity.

Most often my groups were two JC, trooper and JK for the initial HM offerings. We had no trouble beating the enrage timer. The JK and JC buff, imo, are the most critical, and as long as you have those, you won't run into any buff problems.