Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are DPS Commandos wanted in HMs / Operations?

JeriKu
01.16.2012 , 02:07 PM | #1
Just like the title states..

I'm trying to figure out if I should be using my PVP / Daily commendations for Medic or DPS gear. I would prefer to DPS but enjoy Combat Medic as well!

Thanks!
Corellian Run
Major Dauron, 50 Commando
<The Jeriku Legacy>
<Catalyst>

GenericBadGuy
01.16.2012 , 02:35 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by JeriKu View Post
Just like the title states..

I'm trying to figure out if I should be using my PVP / Daily commendations for Medic or DPS gear. I would prefer to DPS but enjoy Combat Medic as well!

Thanks!
Ranged dps will always be wanted, since the encounters are considerably easier with it. Healers are always great too, though. I would get a feel for what is lacking in your groups before gearing up.
Chewie and I have gotten into pants more heavily guarded than this.

Dragonbgone
01.16.2012 , 02:47 PM | #3
Yes. WE NEED MORE TROOPERS. Ranged dps is a must, and you guys are amazing.
. : Messores Republicae : .
Reapers of the Republic

Accomplice
01.16.2012 , 02:54 PM | #4
After leading Hard Mode raids for the past few weeks, I would bring 100% ranged DPS if I could. With the current fights, 90% of them cause melee to have less dps uptime than ranged. However, this is expected and you usually just tough through it until you outgear the encounter and it's not an issue.

JeriKu
01.16.2012 , 03:10 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonbgone View Post
Yes. WE NEED MORE TROOPERS. Ranged dps is a must, and you guys are amazing.
That's good to know. Thanks for the heads up!
Corellian Run
Major Dauron, 50 Commando
<The Jeriku Legacy>
<Catalyst>

BountyHuntertwo
01.16.2012 , 03:54 PM | #6
Arsenal/Gunnery spec is an exceptional spec due to its armor sunder. This also makes it very useful along with other weapon/kinetic damage specs such as Gunslinger/Sniper Sharpshooter/Marksmanship, Sentinel/Marauder Combat/Carnage spec, etc.

Manv
01.16.2012 , 05:15 PM | #7
Commandos are awesome. Great dps, awesome debuff and amazing aoe. Also not reliant on cover. They have everything you could possibly want from a dps class.

JLapp
01.16.2012 , 05:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Manv View Post
Commandos are awesome. Great dps, awesome debuff and amazing aoe. Also not reliant on cover. They have everything you could possibly want from a dps class.
Everything except an interrupt.