Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

Tirrallas
01.16.2012 , 11:16 AM | #351
Bump and 5 star rating.
۞⋞░▒⊈⋐⋑⊉▒▒۩ʭ▒░╬███████████████████████████████████)

Strayth
01.16.2012 , 11:37 AM | #352
REVOLUTION !!!!

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8...2011618240.jpg

(I also found a sentinel gear promoted in screenshots and very rare in game, on the GTN)

Sad to see how cool we would be with hood downs. And NO FAT BUTT (please support the issue of the large butt especially after the 20 since many of us are waiting for fixes before resubbing).

Remember the fat butt does that : http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2958/bootydk.jpg

Tirrallas
01.16.2012 , 11:53 AM | #353
Quote: Originally Posted by Strayth View Post
REVOLUTION !!!!

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8...2011618240.jpg

(I also found a sentinel gear promoted in screenshots and very rare in game, on the GTN)

Sad to see how cool we would be with hood downs. And NO FAT BUTT (please support the issue of the large butt especially after the 20 since many of us are waiting for fixes before resubbing).

Remember the fat butt does that : http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2958/bootydk.jpg
The first image linked is indeed a hood with the hood down but doesn't help anyone as it is a blue and non modifiable. Even if it was it doesn't really help heavy armour wearing Jedi Guardians.

However it does add to the fact that there is NOTHING holding BW back from adding cloaks like this to the game they have just chosen to hide our char's faces on purpose in every cutscene :S

Dan_McMan
01.16.2012 , 12:10 PM | #354
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonlo View Post
It's not in for launch. You can use a custom (orange type) armor with the hood down and keep it modded to stay relevant if you want.
I would love to do this. However, I have not seen any orange armor anywhere that has the hood down... I've trolled the GNT, I check out all the players I can, and I think there just... aren't any hood down, orange, heavy Jedi armor sets in the game right now.

It seems like they must have been really rushed before launching this game to have such an oversight... I like this game a lot but I'm seeing a lot of things that suggest it could have used a little longer in the oven, ya know?

I'd really like to see this issue addressed in a meaningful way this month or next. It's not a huge issue to address, but it is a huge issue for me and other players. The resources are there, they're just not implemented on anything but NPCs... Which is sad.

Strayth
01.16.2012 , 12:17 PM | #355
Quote:
The first image linked is indeed a hood with the hood down but doesn't help anyone as it is a blue and non modifiable. Even if it was it doesn't really help heavy armour wearing Jedi Guardians.
Guardians have an awesome looking armored cape at lvl 40-ish, moddable, while putting on the head what my char has, it fits the armor AND removes the hood while displaying the hair.

It really looks good.

Sentinels are garbaged to the point I just can't believe how it is possible, by having both the huge butt and hood, coming with hideous textures.

Anyway, lvl 50 power rangers samurai is the "top gear" and doesn't have a hood. No moddable gear can equal that gear.

So either you think playstyle and looks are more important than actual stats, either you don't and then you're forced to deal with horrible gear.

Tirrallas
01.16.2012 , 12:35 PM | #356
I personally think its terrible thinking by BW for both the Guardian and Sentinel. Both need a fix. One could argue the Champion level 50 gear doesn't have a hood but then again it isn't robes either. TBH I'm not quite sure *** that set is supposed to be. Regardless having to conform or gimp yourself shouldn't be the solution. BW needs to pick up on this (as I don't see many threads on this site with the same number of replies) and act on this easy fix.

WolfeKnight
01.16.2012 , 11:26 PM | #357
+1 for me,

+2 for each of my roommates standing behind me who both play a jedi and are jabbering in my ear about this issue as I type.

Artwork is not the issue. I have been modding games for years now, I have created the 3d "wire-frame" or mesh to the final texturing, to complete mods which I have published on the nexus. The mesh is the hardest part of this issue. As it has been clearly discussed and shown, the meshes and textures already exist. Once that is done, inserting new items into a game can be done in minutes. I have modded Oblivion, FO3, FONV, DA, DA2 and now Skyrim. I know that it only takes a few clicks to make something active in a game. There is a reason they have removed or shut off the existing armors that clearly were there during beta. It would be nice to know why.

On another yet related note... if your a purist like me, it is perfectly acceptable to use a trooper chest piece. Obi-Won wears trooper armor all the way through the Clone Wars series, so that validates the "Lore" aspect of it to me for RP purposes. Just a FYI, I soooo dislike the huge backpack most of the trooper armor has, so far I have found two without the backpack or so small it looks more part of the equipment and not distracting. One can be found on Tatooine from the Heavy Armor Vendor... white with yellow for around 12K. Not a fan of yellow... so I kept seaching... I found one that looks great off the GTN. Army green, battle scared, no backpack: TT-15A Powertech Body Armor. Fully mod-able.

As a synthweaver, I have search and search for schems that have no hood. The only one I have found is: Aspiring Knight's Vest. Fully mod-able and not too bad looking, however as I have seen mentioned before it IS Medium armor. I however use this when soloing, when rigged with the best mods available to me, I only take a 100 AC hit over the fully modded Trooper armor I use when doing flashpoints.

Just saying.... and that's my two cents worth.

Strayth
01.17.2012 , 12:15 AM | #358
"Purist"

"clone wars"

No.

Also, glad you enjoy your trooper clothes, I personally don't recall any Jedi wearing smuggler clothes, you know, what Sentinels are kinda forced to do.

michaelra
01.17.2012 , 12:23 AM | #359
Yeah, I'm using a Trooper Armor (with mods, etc open) though I don't really look like a real jedi (maybe a semi jedi thanks to the robe), but I'm happy to see my full character

Now I just need to do the same thing to my Kira.. she looks so stupid with that cap

WolfeKnight
01.17.2012 , 03:04 AM | #360
Quote:
she looks so stupid with that cap
I agree. You can get her a decent looking circlet on Hoth. Until I found that out, I just left that slot open. Those light armor hats are horrible.