Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How have we NOT talked about this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
How have we NOT talked about this?

WerniesSturm
01.14.2012 , 09:19 AM | #91
Best Jedi I've ever seen is Anakin Skywalker, Getting the full power of Lightning on his armor and still tossed Palps down the shaft like LeBron James

And he was so powefull that he could redeem himself from the Dark Side as Darth Vader, becoming Anakin once more. that alone was thought by many to be impossible.

BrandonSM
01.14.2012 , 10:18 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post

No one has made an entire fleet out of illusions. The problem is when people compare Luke what they love to do is this.. "Such and such person did this and then so and so did this." name an instance where Revan or any ancient Sith/Jedi has done ALL of the things that Luke has done. Also Bane, Zannah, etc were never described to move faster than the eye can see. If you're going to make such claims cite your sources. Do not use wookieepedia. Quote me the text and page number. I've read the novels multiple times and there is no such text.
Wuts wrong with wookieepedia?

I haven't read every single book, and I get most of my info from there. And rightly so since writers, devs have stated it is one of the most valuable resources.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Jadedfate
01.14.2012 , 11:00 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVarrak View Post
Mirroring Lightsaber forms is easy, not instantly, but the only thing that makes him even SLIGHTLY unique in this is that he is a quick learner (visual learning). Not a force ability, just a talent for visual learning.

Again, learning quickly ("advanced more quickly") is not a Force ability, merely a personal trait (quick learner). The same could be said for any genius (genius, in the martial sense, meaning someone who learns and adapts to combat at an unusually quick pace).

Though Lightsaber combat is an extension of the ability to use the Force, it is not of itself a Force ability. So disarming an opponent with one move really doesn't matter, and could be done by any Sith/Jedi who supremely outmatched an opponent. What would have been better is if Luke disarmed him with the Force (pulling the enemy's weapon from his hand) while his enemy was encased in protection from the Force (an ability many Force users learn as second nature during training) as this would symbolize his superiority in his ability to use the Force by overpowering and completely breaking through the Force shield of his opponent.

Look up Oneness on the the same website you linked to me and you will see a list of people who achieve Oneness, including Anakin Skywalker.

"Luke's control over his lightsaber blade was so great that he was said to might as well have been wielding ten, or twenty lightsabers against the Vong." this exact same description was also applied to Lord Kas'im during his battle with Darth Bane and Jedi Master Raskta Lsu when she was fighting Darth Bane (along with 3 other Masters, a Jedi Knight, and a Master concentrating on Battle Meditation).

Force Telepathy is not unique, he merely exhibits a greater control over it by using it to multiple people at once. While we are on the subject, Force Telepathy can be done by any Force User that can manifests itself as a Force Ghost after death. I.e. Obi-Wan, Anakin Skywalker, all the Sith Lords in their tombs on Korriban, etc.

Masking oneself with the Force is not unique to Luke, regardless of what that page says. Darth Zannah did the same during her apprenticeship, when she masked her Dark Side and even replaced it with a false sense of the Light Side when she was infiltrating the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Zannah also masked her lifeforce, and the lifeforce of her weakened master Darth Bane on Ambria when they hid in a storeroom in the home of the recently murdered Caleb. The Jedi squad sent there were unable to sense there ability to use the Force, or that anyone other than them were still alive in the area. (Side note, Zannah was also able to make a person see their worst nightmares and drive them mad or even kill them with this ability).

Admittedly, I do not know what a Shatterpoint is. But look at your own quote real quick and notice that you quoted "a rare ability", ergo, not unique to Luke.
No, they may not be unique in themselves...but most characters in canon...not in the video games...display ONE of these powers. Luke has displayed them all. Every one of them. That makes him the most powerful. Who cares if someone else can do this one and this guy can do that one? He can pull them all off with little effort. He's the most powerful, per Lucas. Luke wins.

CptBrit
01.16.2012 , 03:27 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadedfate View Post
Wait, so if it happened in a video game, that makes it ok, but if you have to read it, then it's not valid? Wow..that's just....yeah...
I never said that. I'm saying I didn't know about him manipulating black holes because I haven't read any of the EU. BUT I have played some of the video games. If you read for a second you will also see that I put pulling a Star Destroyer (Read: Redirecting) out of the sky was "A bit much" for me, so been able to manipulate a black hole would be taking the p*ss. They'd already made the force cool in the films no need to make it stupid.

Try reading a post before you get all "Funny" and Sarcastic.
Sa'rahi Sheph'erd - The Mercenary | Marxon Sheph'erd - The Guardian
Tae'Ruk Sheph'erd - The Juggernaut | Mysha Sheph'erd - The Sage
Leona Sheph'erd - The Assassin | Temo'rel Sheph'erd - The Vanguard
Mykael Sheph'erd - The Operative | Lel'Liana Sheph'erd - The Gunslinger

Mynameisaron
01.16.2012 , 04:20 AM | #95
Qui Gon Jinn is the greatest Jedi of all time, and hear me out on this;

He went out of his way to free Anakin from slavery and believed the living force led him to Anakin was the chosen one, then when the council refused to train Anakin because he was too old, he went against the council and threatened to train him himself if they did not approved he even went as far as committing his dying words to making sure Obi Wan trained Anakin to be a Jedi. So in short, the man who brought balance to the force would of never been able to get into that position if it was not for the great unorthodox jedi who went against the majority and free hundreds of millions of people from slavery and tyranny years down the line. If it was down to Yoda and Windu the Empire would of still been in control and ol' Ben and Luke wouldn't be able to touch palps.

SceneGG
01.16.2012 , 04:41 AM | #96
Kyle Katarn

there I said, and I'd say it again if I had to
Scene :: The Scruffy Looking Nerf Herders :: Jedi Guardian :: Bacca's Blade