Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

16man Soa Hard Mode Walkthrough Video

Niclamus
01.15.2012 , 11:41 PM | #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdbd1W2gDQY

Hey everyone,

I've just uploaded our 16man Soa Hard Mode kill video/walkthrough for everyone. Hopefully there are tips you all can use in there to help get the kill on him before the nerf! As always all feedback is welcome, and I'll answer any questions as best I can! Although if you could ask them via comment on that video that would be best since I check those a lot more than I check these forums. Also that way the answers are there for anyone else who watches the video.

Thanks guys!
Ntk, Jedi Sage of Nerf Dialogue
US - Hedarr Soongh - Progression PVE Raiding
5/5 5/5 Nightmare 16m - Boss Walkthroughs
Watch live Sunday - Friday 9PM-2AM EST http://www.twitch.tv/niclamus

Pintaphilly
01.16.2012 , 01:12 AM | #2
Wow you guys raid 6 night a week, 5 hours each? Talk about muscling through content lol! Please tell me that is not the schedule you guys did to progress through the current content.

Niclamus
01.16.2012 , 01:28 AM | #3
I have been raiding 5 hours a night, 6 nights a week since the 20th I think. Hah.

Stuff is really on farm at this point anyway. Some nights we end early... but we have basically did something every night if there was something up we could do. We did take a few nights off this week since all that is left is bonethrasher Hard Mode and people really would rather do RL stuff than do that!

Pintaphilly
01.16.2012 , 01:34 AM | #4
Hah, it reminds me of my days in WoW with Premonition. Good ol' days, sadly this is no longer possible for me. Content is pretty easy so far, so that many raid nights aren't even required to clear HM and NM ops (except SOA NM, for obvious reasons). Im kinda happy though, we go a chill (some may call it, casual xD) schedule and still able to clear content relatively quick.

Other than that, good video, pretty much the same strat we did.

Valan
01.16.2012 , 01:36 AM | #5
Neat. Thanks NTK
Tactician, Operative of Rapture
a 16 player Operations guild on The Shadowlands

Craxim
01.16.2012 , 01:47 AM | #6
I won't go into the other commenter claiming easy content, most likely 8 man, but thank you very much for the video, we'll be doing our first 16 man pulls on it Monday and were considering more tanks for the lightning balls, glad to see that it wasn't that crazy of an idea. GL to you in your NM Soa progression!
Aoroc Jugg Tank -||- Maul Tankasin

Pintaphilly
01.16.2012 , 01:50 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Craxim View Post
I won't go into the other commenter claiming easy content, most likely 8 man, but thank you very much for the video, we'll be doing our first 16 man pulls on it Monday and were considering more tanks for the lightning balls, glad to see that it wasn't that crazy of an idea. GL to you in your NM Soa progression!
No 8 man, 16 man. If an encounter didn't take more than 50 attempts (and I am being generous here) then I don't consider it hard. 16 man HM SOA took us around 28 attempts, give or take. NM took a lot less for first 4 bosses.

Now take note, I am comparing it to WoW, why? Cause there were many encounters that took hundreds of attempts, especially in the Sunwell days. But as I said before, I am enjoying the casual direction Bioware is taking the game, didn't expect anything more and is what I was looking coming from a hardcore guild (Premonition).

Also, I am not saying raids should be similar to WoW's, cause for starters, it's not very similar. I respect Bioware for the mechanics they tried to use in the current ops, but they are very simplistic; unique, but a very fast learning curve to them. If people know how to play their class, and have very basic awareness skills (tunnel visioning is bad!!), then you are bound to do well.

There is a reason a lot of guilds have already cleared 5/5 HM and 4/5 NM in the first 3 weeks of the game. Not to mention, gear drops like candy, gearing up is very fast.

Niclamus
01.16.2012 , 02:09 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Craxim View Post
To be fair we actually just have shadows soaking the damage, they are typically still in their DPS specs.

Moodsie
01.16.2012 , 10:45 AM | #9
Can you pop the lightning balls by running into them, or must they be taunted ? Just wondering if we need to bring a 2nd tank on 8 mans for this.
Coconut Conspiracy
Moods
"The Coconut Commander"
www.coconutconspiracy.enjin.com

Artacks
01.16.2012 , 01:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Moodsie View Post
Can you pop the lightning balls by running into them, or must they be taunted ? Just wondering if we need to bring a 2nd tank on 8 mans for this.
If your raid is competent enough, they can target the pylons and see who the ball is on anyway.

We never call out balls or have to taunt them, people just turn their monitors on and can see who its on based off movement mirrors. You can blow them up.