What Did You Learn From The Forums Today?

Frostbird

First day here, and already I have formed several very solid impressions on the game based on the information on these forums.

1) If you want to tank, roll a Trooper/BH.

2) If you want to dps, don't roll a melee class.

3) If you want to raid, don't roll a Knight/Warrior at all.

4) Game had good graphics, but they took a lightsaber to the knee sometime in beta.

5) Jedi and Sith classes are not perfect mirrors. Apparently this all lies in favour of Empire classes. However, it is not a problem at all, according to Empire players - balance just makes things 'boring'.

6) PvP is the 'real' game and Pve is only for people who don't have the skill to PvP.

7) PvE is the 'real' game and PvP is only for psychotic overcompetitative poopsockers in high school.

8) The omission of a Group Finder (or any decent LFG tool) is somehow good for a game community. Apparently spamming /General for 45 minutes to find a group for a leveling dungeon, then spending 15 minutes getting everyone to the dungeon, then wordlessly plowing through it in 10 minutes is somehow better than waiting 5 minutes for a group and wordlessly plowing through it in 10 minutes.

9) No one has any good looking armor at all.

10) No one that doesn't have a gaming mouse should be allowed to play video games.

11) Anything that isn't Dark Souls level hard, grindy, overtuned or outright broken is Super Casual and will kill this game.

12) Anything convinient, streamlined, consolidated or simplified is Super Casual and will kill this game.

13) Damage meters will kill this game.

14) Macros will kill this game.

15) Addons will kill this game.

16) When an Imperial player ganks a Republic player, it's working as intended. When a Republic player ganks an Imperial player, the person is a worthless cowardly noob.

17) Only kids play Republic.

18) Only hardcores play Empire.

19) Bioware doesn't care about my class and have deliberately gimped it to persaude people to not play my class.

What did you learn today?

Note - this post is not intended to be taken seriously, troll, or offend anyone. Taking it seriously is done entirely at your own risk.

Edited by Frostbird

5 STARS

Ill add that im reliably informed (on general republic chat) that Imps dont have a life.

this was after I did a /who on my server for lvl 50's on new years night,

/who for republic lvl 50's shows 27 players at lvl 50

/who for Imperial lvl 50's shows the first 100 at lvl 50

I learned that calling someone ignorant will get you a warning....

Even though it is basically just saying they are uninformed. Apparently forum mods dont have dictionaries.

*shrug* chaulk that up to 8 warnings and 2 infracts lol ffs.

Or common sense ... I'll see your 8/2 with my 10 warnings and 4 infractions ... woohoo :D

This has got to be the first game where I don't even care if I get banned from the forums and I supported Vangaurd for two years ... yeah, I went there .... VANGUARD.

Edited by Skaara

First day here, and already I have formed several very solid impressions on the game based on the information on these forums.

You have learned well young padawan/apprentice......

Tomorrow, you shall learn how to properly post flames/hatemail on the forums!

False. Jedi Knigh/Sith Warrior and Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor can tank rather well thank you.

False. Melee classes dps quite well.

Again wrong. Who is telling you these things?

4) Game had good graphics, but they took a lightsaber to the knee sometime in beta.

True. But really, if people can't figure out not to run the game on max settings if their pc can't handle it then it's their problem. No need for BW to remove it. Low is there for a reason.

5) Jedi and Sith classes are not perfect mirrors. Apparently this all lies in favour of Empire classes. However, it is not a problem at all, according to Empire players - balance just makes things 'boring'.

Nothing is a "perfect mirror" but the two are similiar enough to be considered mirrors.

6) PvP is the 'real' game and Pve is only for people who don't have the skill to PvP.

Ok. Now I understand the first few incorect posts. You've been listening to those sill PvP'ers.

7) PvE is the 'real' game and PvP is only for psychotic overcompetitative poopsockers in high school.

Preach it!!!!!!!!

8) The omission of a Group Finder (or any decent LFG tool) is somehow good for a game community. Apparently spamming /General for 45 minutes to find a group for a leveling dungeon, then spending 15 minutes getting everyone to the dungeon, then wordlessly plowing through it in 10 minutes is somehow better than waiting 5 minutes for a group and wordlessly plowing through it in 10 minutes.

10 min is a false number. Maybe if you had a group of 50's spacebaring through Black Talon regular perhaps, but not elsewhere.

Really? Get social 2 and deck your female companion (or your female toon) out in the dancer costume and tell me that again. ;)

10) No one that doesn't have a gaming mouse should be allowed to play video games.

False. Clicked WoW. Clicking this......till I cave and get a naga. lol

11) Anything that isn't Dark Souls level hard, grindy, overtuned or outright broken is Super Casual and will kill this game.

Damn elitists. Stop trying to make gaming companies go broke.

12) Anything convinient, streamlined, consolidated or simplified is Super Casual and will kill this game.

See 11.

Dev tracker said they're coming. Crap. At least it only shows your stats.

Your mouse and keyboard use macros. Game must already be dead. :D

But I need my in-game leveling guide :(

16) When an Imperial player ganks a Republic player, it's working as intended. When a Republic player ganks an Imperial player, the person is a worthless cowardly noob.

When a Sith ganks a Sith, it's working as intended.

Kids join the Sith everyday.

Damn straight.

19) Bioware doesn't care about my class and have deliberately gimped it to persaude people to not play my class.

True of all classes. That's how you get balance.

Edited by TheUnNamedHero

I learned that calling someone ignorant will get you a warning....

Even though it is basically just saying they are uninformed. Apparently forum mods dont have dictionaries.

*shrug* chaulk that up to 8 warnings and 2 infracts lol ffs.

Yeah, it's unfortunate... but that's the English language for you. You're force to use "uninformed" nowadays.

Similar things have happened with two 3 letter words, one starts with F and the other G. First one used to be a word for a Cigarette, and the other meant "to be happy". Now they're "bad words" and moderated on forums.

False. Jedi Knigh/Sith Warrior and Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor can tank rather well thank you.

True. But really, if people can't figure out not to run the game on max settings if their pc can't handle it then it's their problem. No need for BW to remove it. Low is there for a reason.

Nothing is a "perfect mirror" but the two are similiar enough to be considered mirrors.

Ok. Now I understand the first few incorect posts. You've been listening to those sill PvP'ers.

Preach it!!!!!!!!

10 min is a false number. Maybe if you had a group of 50's spacebaring through Black Talon regular perhaps, but not elsewhere.

Really? Get social 2 and deck your female companion (or your female toon) out in the dancer costume and tell me that again. ;)

False. Clicked WoW. Clicking this......till I cave and get a naga. lol

See 11.

But I need my in-game leveling guide :(

When a Sith ganks a Sith, it's working as intended.

Kids join the Sith everyday.

Damn straight.

Um, please read disclaimer at bottom of OP :)

1) if you want to tank, roll a trooper/bh.

False. Jedi knigh/sith warrior and jedi consular/sith inquisitor can tank rather well thank you.

2) if you want to dps, don't roll a melee class.

3) if you want to raid, don't roll a knight/warrior at all.

4) game had good graphics, but they took a lightsaber to the knee sometime in beta.

True. But really, if people can't figure out not to run the game on max settings if their pc can't handle it then it's their problem. No need for bw to remove it. Low is there for a reason.

5) jedi and sith classes are not perfect mirrors. Apparently this all lies in favour of empire classes. However, it is not a problem at all, according to empire players - balance just makes things 'boring'.

6) pvp is the 'real' game and pve is only for people who don't have the skill to pvp.

Ok. Now i understand the first few incorect posts. You've been listening to those sill pvp'ers.

7) pve is the 'real' game and pvp is only for psychotic overcompetitative poopsockers in high school.

Preach it!!!!!!!!

8) the omission of a group finder (or any decent lfg tool) is somehow good for a game community. Apparently spamming /general for 45 minutes to find a group for a leveling dungeon, then spending 15 minutes getting everyone to the dungeon, then wordlessly plowing through it in 10 minutes is somehow better than waiting 5 minutes for a group and wordlessly plowing through it in 10 minutes.

10 min is a false number. Maybe if you had a group of 50's spacebaring through black talon regular perhaps, but not elsewhere.

9) no one has any good looking armor at all.

10) no one that doesn't have a gaming mouse should be allowed to play video games.

False. Clicked wow. Clicking this......till i cave and get a naga. Lol

11) anything that isn't dark souls level hard, grindy, overtuned or outright broken is super casual and will kill this game.

12) anything convinient, streamlined, consolidated or simplified is super casual and will kill this game.

See 11.

13) damage meters will kill this game.

14) macros will kill this game.

15) addons will kill this game.

But i need my in-game leveling guide :(

16) when an imperial player ganks a republic player, it's working as intended. When a republic player ganks an imperial player, the person is a worthless cowardly noob.

When a sith ganks a sith, it's working as intended.

17) only kids play republic.

Kids join the sith everyday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5mk7dzyukm

18) only hardcores play empire.

Damn straight.

19) bioware doesn't care about my class and have deliberately gimped it to persaude people to not play my class.

whooooosh!