Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Plagueis - Novel.

LordQordisz
01.15.2012 , 06:27 AM | #11
I thought it was great. I was kind of disappointed it ended so soon.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken.

LordQordisz
01.15.2012 , 06:28 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Illuziun View Post
From what I understand, the book doesn't really have much to do with Darth Plagueis, but rather it's 95% Darth Sidious. For this reason, I'm waiting on it until I finish my current series, but from early reviews it's supposed to be a good read.
No it's alot of Plageuis. Most of it is.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken.

bfishback
01.15.2012 , 09:12 PM | #13
It's decent. It's kinda boring at parts because it's ALOT of political talk, which of course I knew would be included.

I was surprised at the amount of focus on Sidious however. Also was quite surprised how far it went, because I thought it would end years before the actual movies.

Wolfninjajedi
01.15.2012 , 09:16 PM | #14
So is it over then? Can we finally put to bed the whole "killing the master in his sleep" nonsense?..
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

bfishback
01.15.2012 , 09:27 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
So is it over then? Can we finally put to bed the whole "killing the master in his sleep" nonsense?..
Spoiler

It made me like Palpatine much more, though, as at first I thought he was a disgrace to the Rule of Two by killing his master in his sleep. Now it is much more evident that Plagueis needed to die, and that Palpatine was far more powerful and smart anyway.

Wolfninjajedi
01.15.2012 , 09:31 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by bfishback View Post
Spoiler

It made me like Palpatine much more, though, as at first I thought he was a disgrace to the Rule of Two by killing his master in his sleep. Now it is much more evident that Plagueis needed to die, and that Palpatine was far more powerful and smart anyway.
Didn't really need a book to tell you that, but I think a lot of people took the whole "killing his master in his sleep" out of context and so the book cleared that up but ya Palpatine was far more powerful and smart which really is evident by(without reading the book).

1. He found out where his master slept, so already Plagueis failed at hiding and keeping secrets.

2. He couldn't sense his apprentice's intentions, which force sense is a very basic force ability if he couldn't even do that he deserved to die.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

bfishback
01.15.2012 , 09:39 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Didn't really need a book to tell you that, but I think a lot of people took the whole "killing his master in his sleep" out of context and so the book cleared that up but ya Palpatine was far more powerful and smart which really is evident by(without reading the book).

1. He found out where his master slept, so already Plagueis failed at hiding and keeping secrets.

2. He couldn't sense his apprentice's intentions, which force sense is a very basic force ability if he couldn't even do that he deserved to die.
Spoiler

But I suppose you are right, I just thought it still was kinda iffy Palpatine just "killed him in his sleep", out of context it sounded very weak.