Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

just dinged 50

Spackymoose
01.15.2012 , 01:26 PM | #1
hai

i just dinged 50 and was looking for the answer for a few questions but couldnt find them anywhere soooo.....

i want to do some HM stuff do i need to gear up to a basic lvl to tank them??

are tacs really important or is it like a certain other mmo (PANDALAND) and u can do as long as you dont stand in the fire

and are operations much of a jump in diff from HM??

bai

Battyone
01.15.2012 , 02:32 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Spackymoose View Post
hai

i just dinged 50 and was looking for the answer for a few questions but couldnt find them anywhere soooo.....

i want to do some HM stuff do i need to gear up to a basic lvl to tank them??

are tacs really important or is it like a certain other mmo (PANDALAND) and u can do as long as you dont stand in the fire

and are operations much of a jump in diff from HM??

bai
1 - You should be fine gear wise, but if you find yourself wearing a ton of old quest greens you should run the 50 FPs (Battle for illum, false emperor, directive 7) on normal once or twice to get some ups, PvP gear can help you fill in really weak slots as well, but the PvE gear is obviously better suited. I am a healer and walked in with mod gear and quest greens the day I dung 50 and knocked out heroic essless.

2 -- Tactics are needed for some of the bosses, but generally the whole stay out of the fire and make the boss die first apply. Some of the fights are really tightly tuned and unforgiving to mistakes. If your healer isn't 100% on his game things can get crazy. You should probably be requesting CC for some of the larger trash pulls while your gear is low.

3 -- Normal mode operations are actually easier than some of the hard mode flashpoints. Especially Ironfist in Essless who is the most brutal boss on that gear tier. HM Ops are obviously tighter but it's still more gear than anything else there.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!