Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Heroic 4] Crushging the Jedi Freedom Fighters is not worth doing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
[Heroic 4] Crushging the Jedi Freedom Fighters is not worth doing

01.11.2012 , 04:39 AM | #11
I have skipped that quest on all of my characters so far, so I have no comment on it. However, I do recall a Heroic quest during the Alderaan Bonus Series that everyone in my group was pretty pissed about. The H4 quest called Sabotage has a bonus three stage quest that requires you to close four valves placed around the sides of a room, and then the final part requires you to kill a champion mob that is at the entrance of said room.

Now that doesn't sound all that bad, but the path around the room is completely linear (its four platforms with bridges connecting them on both sides in a square, but the bridge is destroyed on one side, breaking the chain). As others have complained about, the mobs respawn rather fast, so if you intend on finishing the bonus quest, it requires several clears of a very large room just to go to one side and back.

And now the icing on the cake: the questing on Alderaan for the bonus series is for around the early 40s, but for some reason the final stage (turn in portion) of the bonus quest for Sabotage is marked as being early 30s for when you are on Alderaan for your first tour, and therefore grey and too low for you at that point. So turn in nets you exp literally in the hundreds (if even) and a couple of Alderaan commendations, which are useless at that point cause of the gap in Alderaan leveling phases.

TL;DR: Buff the reward for the bonus quest of an optional quest in a bonus series!

But seriously, I skip all heroic quests nowadays, they take too long and rarely outweigh the costs.

01.11.2012 , 04:58 AM | #12
I have done the quest and I do disagree. Also no one forces you to do any Heroics, you can skip them entirely if you dont enjoy the challenge in itself and find the quest rewards insufficient for your "wasted" time.

I also like the mix of instanced and non-instanced Heroics. making them all instanced would be rather boring, dont you think.

I think there should be more heroic areas. I still wonder how it is that I didnt run into that quest type until Alderaan. (storm the fort or whatever it was called)
Funny how PVP folks strive to become the best PK, while PVE folks know that PKs are just really really bad players.

01.11.2012 , 06:16 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by deusBAAL View Post
I think there should be more heroic areas. I still wonder how it is that I didnt run into that quest type until Alderaan. (storm the fort or whatever it was called)
Those are awesome Alderaan one is a non heroic (Area, but you don't need a group), but Balmorra one is heroic and it's perfectly balanced, and has an fantastic puzzle

01.15.2012 , 11:19 AM | #14
Totally agree that this quest is BS. I'm doing it now and we've died about 10 times. Respawn is too fast. Aggro is INSANE. We're all 2-3 levels above the recommendation. Our armor has been destroyed by the deaths. Not even worth it. I'm going to advise everyone skip it until they patch it. But I'm glad the rest of you have had such luck with it. You're my heroes. Really.

01.15.2012 , 12:22 PM | #15
Who the hell cares? It's a heroic quest on Nar Shaddaa, you outlevel that zone in like 2 hours.
Ventures / Republic EU / Progression Raiding, Organized PvP and a Social Division for awesome people.

Livestream - Best Guardian in the World - PvP/Raids

01.15.2012 , 01:27 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodshank View Post
This isn't WoW where a tank tosses an aoe to grab aggro and the group facerolls to kill the mobs. This game requires cc, and it requires you to pay attention, not rely on a mod telling you to move out of the fire or pulling 5 groups at a time because healers have infinite mana.
Exactly, and this is a reason why I love this game. The heroics are an excellent idea and I totally enjoy doing them. If you play your class smart you can easily go without a tank and/or heals. The key is to use your interrupts, CC, and whatever else keeps you alive.

You say the rewards aren't worth it but the money and xp are good. Personally I prefer money/xp over rewards. Plus slaughtering elite Jedi is always fun; a reward unto itself.

I do agree that non-story area heroics have a fast respawn timer and I would like to see those adjusted a wee bit. Then again, they are optional so I have complete freedom to skip them if I want to.