Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Emperor vs Darth Sidious

Koronii
01.15.2012 , 02:36 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
Sidious was immortal as well.
No he wasn't.

Rhyltran
01.15.2012 , 02:38 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Koronii View Post
No he wasn't.
The ability to transfer his essence to new bodies after his death? Yes he was.

Koronii
01.15.2012 , 02:40 AM | #23
The ability to transfer his essence to new bodies after his death? Yes he was.
If that's immortality then the Sith Emperor is just as immortal.

Rhyltran
01.15.2012 , 02:41 AM | #24
I never said he wasn't. The poster I was quoting worded it like the Emperor was immortal but Sidious was not. The Emperor was indeed immortal. As was Sidious. Note in my quote I said "As well."

It would be overwhelmingly foolish to claim the Emperor in TOR isn't immortal when he's managed to live for over 1000 years. Likewise, it's foolish to not consider Sidious immortal when death doesn't end him. He can even transfer his essence AFTER death. He doesn't even need to do it before hand.

Koronii
01.15.2012 , 02:44 AM | #25
I never said he wasn't. The poster I was quoting worded it like the Emperor was immortal but Sidious was not. The Emperor was indeed immortal. As was Sidious. Note in my quote I said "As well."
Oh, sorry. My eyes must be going.

Rhyltran
01.15.2012 , 02:45 AM | #26
Oh, sorry. My eyes must be going.
It's no problem. Many people often do contradict themselves in these forums. So assuming I did the same wouldn't be much of a stretch. :P

ELMIKE
01.15.2012 , 12:34 PM | #27
Sidious gets the nod based on the fact that I believe he is the only Dark Lord of the Sith to successfully completely destroy the Jedi Order and lead the Jedi Grand Master into exile.

Mynameisaron
01.15.2012 , 02:23 PM | #28
With regards of the Mace Windu duel, don't forget Yoda trained Count Dooku one of the greatest lightsaber combatants of all time and Sidious schooled Yoda during there beat down. Not to mention Yoda's connection and abilities with the force, yet he still couldn't best Sidious.

BrandonSM
01.15.2012 , 02:25 PM | #29
Its a different immortality, complicated though.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

BrandonSM
01.15.2012 , 02:28 PM | #30
Vader is actually quite powerful himself. Windu rivaled Yoda prior to his fight with Sidious and gave himself fully over to his vaapad which he has never done before making him, potentially, more powerful than Yoda in that exact moment.

Also Sidious was busy torturing Luke so he was caught off guard. Couple that those feats weren't in that body. He was able to do them in a younger more powerful body. Pretty much he returned far more powerful than ever. He's been dubbed emperor reborn. Sidious reborn would have destroyed Windu with no contest. Note Luke is even more powerful than Sidious reborn. So while Sidious was made "overpowered' by the EU it's nothing compared to how Luke has ended up.
Well.. I still don't think the Emperor reborn could beat Windu in a lightsabre duel, Force Battle Siidous wins absoloutely. But Windu is just below Luke in lightsaber skills on my list.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."