Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

-Quarrion-
01.13.2012 , 11:51 AM | #81
Hi, thanks for the guide. It's really helped me plan out my characters. I've dedicated a server to the empire and one to the republic letting me cover all the crafting skills and utilizing the best crafting bonuses for each class. I chose the crit bonuses over efficiency in the 4 non bulk crafting skills as seemed sensible, and I chose 2 mission skills to go with slicing as per your suggestion. And in the end I found things to work out nicely with 2 of each class covering all my crafting needs and allowing me to try all 8 advanced classes to each side. Thanks again!

Empire

Artifice - sith inquisitor - 15 eff, 5 crit arch, 5 eff treasure
Synthweaving - sith warrior - 5 crit, 5 eff arch, 5 eff under
Armstech - bounty hunter - 1 crit, 10 eff scav, 10 eff under
Armortech - Imperial agent - 2 crit, 10 eff scav, 2 crit under
Cybertech - sith warrior - 10 eff, 10 eff scav, 5 eff under
Biochem - Imperial agent - 15 eff, 5 eff bioanalysis, 5 crit diplo
Slicing - bounty hunter - 15 eff, 2 crit treasure, 10 eff under
Slicing - sith inquisitor - 2 crit , 5 eff treas, 2 crit under

Republic

Artifice - Jedi Consular - 15 eff, 15 eff treasure
Synthweaving - Jedi Knight - 5 crit, 10 eff arch, 5 eff under
Armstech - Smuggler - 5 crit, 10 eff scav
Armortech - Trooper - 5 crit, 5 crit scav, 1 crit under
Cybertech - Smuggler - 10 eff, 10 eff scav, 5 eff under
Biochem - Trooper - 10 eff, 10 eff bioanalysis, 2 crit diplo
Slicing - Jedi Consular - 10 eff, 15 eff treasure, 1 crit under
Slicing - Jedi Knight - 2 crit, 5 eff under, 1 crit treasure

Dragoon-
01.13.2012 , 04:39 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Kotli View Post
+Crit is far better than +Eff for crafting as it gives you better/more stuff on a crit, eff just means less time taken.

As such I would of put Smugglers a head of Troopers for Armstech more Crits better than faster crafting.
I agree especially with crafting armor & weapons.
You receive exceptional or mastercraft items only on a successful critical roll. Considering how low the base change is, it seems a +5 crit bonus already doubles your chance.
Usually you only care about mastercraft items once you unlocked high end artifact equipment which are very expensive to craft. A +5 crit bonus becomes mandatory to conserve nerves and resources. Otherwise you are just throwing away lots of money, blue and purple mats. It even worse when crafting items with resources only acquired in hard mode flashpoints.
However I'm unsure if a crit bonus also increase your chances when reverse engineering.

For scavenging I find a high efficiency bonus more beneficial than a crit bonus.
If you are crafting a lot because of reverse engineering to unlock schematics you have a high demand inmaterials. High end stuff obviously requires high end mats obtained by high level scavenging mission that takes a really long time to finish. When a mission takes 40 minutes +15 eff beats +5 crit by a mile.
If you are going for pure resource gathering I recommend to prefer high eff. If your focus is on schematics, missions plans, slicing etc. crit bonuses precedence.
Elara Dorne: I'll be ready with any number of regulation-approved punishments when the opportunity arises.
"Everyone fights, Private Ganbar. Either you go in shooting or we freeze you in carbonite and use you as a shield.."

Nirosu
01.13.2012 , 05:56 PM | #83
Huzzah finally got stickied. And I have to agree that crit is much better than eff in all cases other than when crafting mods,hilts, enhancesments, and that stuff. Only reason is that they can't crit. At one point in beta they could and you'd end up with two but im 99% sure that has been removed sadly.

Saeten
01.14.2012 , 01:44 PM | #84
Awesome Guide. Thank you for putting the time on this. Just what I was looking for! Kudos!
If you ain't laughing, you ain't living - Carlos Mencia

Norumaniac
01.14.2012 , 10:45 PM | #85
Just wanted to thank you.

Nickter
01.14.2012 , 11:40 PM | #86
Why are you assuming that buffs from multiple companions stack? It makes more sense that the only buffs that apply are the ones related to the companion you assign the task to. The companion does all the work, not you.

TheRealBowser
01.15.2012 , 12:52 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickter View Post
Why are you assuming that buffs from multiple companions stack? It makes more sense that the only buffs that apply are the ones related to the companion you assign the task to. The companion does all the work, not you.
I don't really understand what you are asking.

TheRealBowser
01.15.2012 , 12:56 AM | #88
I just updated the guide! I hope you find the additions useful.

I've put my current thoughts into this (particularly about critical crafting), and I've also added colored text and critical crafting (not gathering or missions) charts at the end of the summaries.

Dragoon-
01.15.2012 , 01:04 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickter View Post
Where is that mentioned, can you quote it? Maybe you got confused with something you read somewhere else?

Edit:
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealBowser View Post
I just updated the guide! I hope you find the additions useful.

I've put my current thoughts into this (particularly about critical crafting), and I've also added colored text and critical crafting (not gathering or missions) charts at the end of the summaries.

I like the improvements. Btw I think you forgot the add the +2 crit bonus in diplomacy of the trooper Companion or mixed it up with +2 treasure hunting.
Elara Dorne: I'll be ready with any number of regulation-approved punishments when the opportunity arises.
"Everyone fights, Private Ganbar. Either you go in shooting or we freeze you in carbonite and use you as a shield.."

TheRealBowser
01.15.2012 , 09:04 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragoon- View Post
I like the improvements. Btw I think you forgot the add the +2 crit bonus in diplomacy of the trooper Companion or mixed it up with +2 treasure hunting.
Where's this? I'm pretty sure Arik is listed as +2 crit diplomacy, and there are no treasure hunting bonuses whatsoever.

Thanks, by the way!