Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Emperor vs Darth Sidious

BrandonSM
01.06.2012 , 10:59 PM | #11
Sidious.

Any Sith who went up against ole palps would get destroyed. Even if they had the most powerful trinkets in the galaxy.

Palp beats all Sith in achievements.
Palp beats all Sith in Power.
Palp beats all Sith in smarts.
Palp Beats All Sith in everything else.
Because he is Palp.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

RemenCreed
01.06.2012 , 11:24 PM | #12
Without a doubt Palpatine was the most powerful Sith in history. His mastery over the force was legendary. In my opinion their is only one Sith Emperor and that is Palpatine. The Emperor in this game is just a cheap knock-off.
Remen: Level 60 Sage

jlimp
01.07.2012 , 11:50 AM | #13
Wookieepedia quotes the Dark Empire Source Book about Palpatine's powers; namely that he was so powerful that he had mastered all known force powers and could create new force abilites when he so chose to. I don't recall any other force user in the canon having that description.

Simonstrosity
01.14.2012 , 10:45 PM | #14
Sidious by far in my opinion.

A master of all known lightsaber forms.
A rutheless and malavelont psycopath.
A brilliant strategist and mastermind schemer.
A deceptive and ellusive sith lord.
An incredibly powerful force user.

In the expanded universe he could even rip throguh the fabric of reality, and create hyperspace wormholes to devour entire fleets using an ability he created and called "Force storm". Is there any other sith lord thats done something so magnificantly ******?

Darth Sidious forever <3

DarylMusashi
01.14.2012 , 11:58 PM | #15
Can't have a Palp thread without also discussing the Mace Wendu controversy. Did Palp let him get the advantage in order to facilitate Anakin's turn to the dark side, or did Wendu really get the advantage on him, and Anakin showing up was good fortune for the Emp? Afterall, Palp had no problem taking on Wendu and 3 other Jedis at the start of the fight, and quickly dispatching them till just Wendu remained.

abishe
01.15.2012 , 12:20 AM | #16
here i conflict again.
this current Empire, is inmortal it can't die.
so ahh, Darth Sidious is just a sith lord.

Rhyltran
01.15.2012 , 01:01 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by abishe View Post
here i conflict again.
this current Empire, is inmortal it can't die.
so ahh, Darth Sidious is just a sith lord.
Sidious was immortal as well.

BrandonSM
01.15.2012 , 01:03 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DarylMusashi View Post
Can't have a Palp thread without also discussing the Mace Wendu controversy. Did Palp let him get the advantage in order to facilitate Anakin's turn to the dark side, or did Wendu really get the advantage on him, and Anakin showing up was good fortune for the Emp? Afterall, Palp had no problem taking on Wendu and 3 other Jedis at the start of the fight, and quickly dispatching them till just Wendu remained.

Palp wasn't playing in that lightsaber fight. And he lost, and I'm glad he lost. If he didn't lose that would Make Palp the 2nd greatest duelist imo.

Remember Windu is imo the 2nd greatest duelist, he mastered all 7 forms and created one of them. And he has shatterpoint.

In the novel, Palp lost the duel, but when he began his force lightning, Windu was seconds from being disarmed by the lightning. And he was dead before he flew out the window.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

mminczes
01.15.2012 , 02:16 AM | #19
Wow, sounds like some bored authors felt the need to give Sidious godmode. He still got schooled by Windu, and tossed over a rail by a dismembered Vader.

Rhyltran
01.15.2012 , 02:35 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by mminczes View Post
Wow, sounds like some bored authors felt the need to give Sidious godmode. He still got schooled by Windu, and tossed over a rail by a dismembered Vader.
Vader is actually quite powerful himself. Windu rivaled Yoda prior to his fight with Sidious and gave himself fully over to his vaapad which he has never done before making him, potentially, more powerful than Yoda in that exact moment.

Also Sidious was busy torturing Luke so he was caught off guard. Couple that those feats weren't in that body. He was able to do them in a younger more powerful body. Pretty much he returned far more powerful than ever. He's been dubbed emperor reborn. Sidious reborn would have destroyed Windu with no contest. Note Luke is even more powerful than Sidious reborn. So while Sidious was made "overpowered' by the EU it's nothing compared to how Luke has ended up.