Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Qyzen vs Iresso

Erithus
01.14.2012 , 04:13 PM | #1
So, who do you prefer as a tank and why? From the simple comparison I've made in their stats, the main difference is their weapon with Qyzen beating Iresso in DPS while Iresso wins in Shield + Absorbtion. Also, Qyzen is melee and Iresso ranged tanks.

I like Qyzen and due to the fact that he only gets 15p per answer (in comparison to Iresso's 55), it kind of makes sense to be keeping him out in conversations so that his affection increases. But is Iresso the better tank after all?

Opinions + thoughts on this?

Sedden
01.14.2012 , 04:24 PM | #2
I like Iresso honestly cause I like equiping my companions in orange gear where i only got to upgrade mods every other planet instead of dealing with picking out companion gear from quests.. And sadly for some reason thats apparently only known to the devs that Qy stats have to be aim/end instead of strength like the inquistors enquivilent and theres no custom Techblades out there =\

Raltar
01.14.2012 , 10:27 PM | #3
Qyzen because Iresso is the dullest character of all time. He has like, zero personality.

TaintedSquirrel
01.14.2012 , 11:29 PM | #4
Iresso has better AoE damage + he's ranged.
Qyzen has better single damage but he has to run between targets. Kind of debatable on the single damage, Iresso's 20% Armor attack does elemental damage (ignores armor) and Qyzen's does weapon damage (mitigated by armor).

If you're using Force Wave as part of your AoE rotation (trash mobs, 3+ group size) then you want Iresso.

The issue with the Techblade is a good point, I snagged the level 42 PvP Rifle from the vendor (330 warzone badges) and it has insane stats.

Deedre
01.14.2012 , 11:35 PM | #5
Qyzen because ranged tanking sucks. I want a melee tank. This is also why Nadia is better than Zenith: I'd rather have a melee dps (with good aoe and limited tanking ability) than a ranged dps.

I only make an exception here for Theran, on situations where extra interrupts/cc is needed. But 99% of the time, it's going to be the lizard or the apprentice.