Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So does the Sith Empire win in the end?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
So does the Sith Empire win in the end?

lokivoid
01.14.2012 , 10:02 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTyranid View Post
I mean in regards to the next few hundred years. I say this because the Sith Empire symbol is very similar to the one used by the Galactic Republic in the Star Wars prequels. So obviously at some point the Sith are beaten and the Jedi take control again, but it looks like the Sith Empire take power long enough for their icon to become the recognized symbol of government.

Lore wise, the sith yes and no, in the short run the sith dominated, but started to degrade overtime due to inwards fighting and power struggles (the conflict lasts around 1,000 years, the game is only about 100 years into the conflict.). towards the end Dessel (darth bane) wipes out the dark brotherhood council and replaces it with his own order inacting the rule of two. After that they decide to go into hiding, until the republic becomes unstable.

Vlacke
01.14.2012 , 10:03 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
Uhh no....The next Dark lord is around ~100 years from now that has no connection to the Sith Empire whatsoever that managed to kill tens of thousands of jedi. It was described before he came that it was a time of peace.

Its not really that long till the Sith Empire is totally wiped out. Bioware probably has about ~50 years to play with, maybe less.
Who is this omnipotent dark lord?
Sounds more serious than Sidious, which would be impossible really.
Names please.

Piratekinq
01.14.2012 , 10:03 PM | #23
Firstly the Sith in Kotor 2 are not related to the TOR's Sith Empire. The triumvirate are wannabe Sith.

Secondly The Sith Empire loses when Darth Bane wipes out the Brotherhood of Sith and starts the Rule of Two which is 1000 years before A new hope. I don't know if this brotherhood is a descendant of the Sith empire but by the time Darth Bane is done with them He and his apprentice are the only existing Sith lords.

Oh and the reason why the symbol looks similarly is because of marketing. Yes the star wars franchise is in fact a product. They wanted people to buy the game feel as if they were playing a star wars game. If they made everything different then it would seem like a completely different universe. Thats why the smuggler gets a wookie companion. Thats why Darth Malgus looks like Darth Vader without the mask, Thats why republic troopers look like clonetroopers and bounty hunters look like boba fett. They needed as many subscribers as possible so they made a game that feels very familiar to what they already know we love.

Idunhavaname
01.14.2012 , 10:06 PM | #24
Uhh no....The next Dark lord is around ~100 years from now that has no connection to the Sith Empire whatsoever that managed to kill tens of thousands of jedi. It was described before he came that it was a time of peace.

Its not really that long till the Sith Empire is totally wiped out. Bioware probably has about ~50 years to play with, maybe less.
Who is this sith lord? next I can think of is Ruin and Bane and they're at least 500-1000 years from now (TOR era)

Also the Republic still exist 500 years from now meaning the Republic did not get completely destroyed.

RIP orange pixel

Agemnon
01.14.2012 , 10:08 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTyranid View Post
I mean in regards to the next few hundred years. I say this because the Sith Empire symbol is very similar to the one used by the Galactic Republic in the Star Wars prequels. So obviously at some point the Sith are beaten and the Jedi take control again, but it looks like the Sith Empire take power long enough for their icon to become the recognized symbol of government.
I think maybe each player is within his/her own little Star Wars universe. I say this because on Ilum as a Republic player I heard about the Republic winning and I suspect that Empire players will hear that their side has won in their particular storyline.

Girdeux
01.14.2012 , 10:10 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Idunhavaname View Post
Who is this sith lord? next I can think of is Ruin and Bane and they're at least 500-1000 years from now (TOR era)

Also the Republic still exist 500 years from now meaning the Republic did not get completely destroyed.
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlacke View Post
Who is this omnipotent dark lord?
Sounds more serious than Sidious, which would be impossible really.
Names please.
Darth Desolus

Agemnon
01.14.2012 , 10:11 PM | #27
Let's all just say that Cade Skywalker goes back in time and defeats the first group of dark jedi, they never reach the sith homeworld, and the empire is never established and Cade marries Satele after he saves her life from a time traveling Papatine and Darth Vader. Many paradoxes and alternate timelines are created.

Avinin
01.14.2012 , 10:46 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Agemnon View Post
I think maybe each player is within his/her own little Star Wars universe. I say this because on Ilum as a Republic player I heard about the Republic winning and I suspect that Empire players will hear that their side has won in their particular storyline.
Same exact feeling im getting. Like with the Corellia storyline for instance. Im an empire player, and literally at the end of the storyline for that planet there's a ceremony for the new sith controlled government of the planet. They play it off like the republic were completely defeated.

There is absolutely no way its like that as a republic player. I'm pretty sure its the other way around for you guys.

Which leads me to believe there are two separate 'universes' at play here. Where whatever side you play for 'wins'. Which really makes me confused on whats considered TOR canon, then.

Since republic are the 'good guys', id wager they 'win', i guess.

Girdeux
01.14.2012 , 11:01 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Avinin View Post
Same exact feeling im getting. Like with the Corellia storyline for instance. Im an empire player, and literally at the end of the storyline for that planet there's a ceremony for the new sith controlled government of the planet. They play it off like the republic were completely defeated.

There is absolutely no way its like that as a republic player. I'm pretty sure its the other way around for you guys.

Which leads me to believe there are two separate 'universes' at play here. Where whatever side you play for 'wins'. Which really makes me confused on whats considered TOR canon, then.

Since republic are the 'good guys', id wager they 'win', i guess.
There is 1 universe. Just different storys happen at different times. For example as Empire you take balmorra and drive the republic off. But when your playing Republic yous retake Balmorra back after the war starts, while the Empire takes Taris.

Avinin
01.14.2012 , 11:04 PM | #30
There is 1 universe. Just different storys happen at different times. For example as Empire you take balmorra and drive the republic off. But when your playing Republic yous retake Balmorra back after the war starts, while the Empire takes Taris.

Ah, well that does make sense. I like it more too, frankly.