Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So does the Sith Empire win in the end?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
So does the Sith Empire win in the end?

DarthTyranid
01.14.2012 , 09:29 PM | #1
I mean in regards to the next few hundred years. I say this because the Sith Empire symbol is very similar to the one used by the Galactic Republic in the Star Wars prequels. So obviously at some point the Sith are beaten and the Jedi take control again, but it looks like the Sith Empire take power long enough for their icon to become the recognized symbol of government.

Stealthy_Monkey
01.14.2012 , 09:33 PM | #2
Republic win, the sith win, then republic win, then sith win, then republic win.

No doubt there's a few more wins in there for fans of the expanded universe

marshalleck
01.14.2012 , 09:33 PM | #3
Blue glowbats and warm fuzzies eventually save the day. This is a space fairy-tale, after all.
Classless character progression // Deep crafting & harvesting // Fully customizable spells & skills // Living world with seasons, weather, dynamic day/night & wildlife ecology // >

Nerdwing
01.14.2012 , 09:34 PM | #4
From what I gathered, the Republic wins but the Empire has enough "infiltrated" guys in the new government to eventually make the Republic have a behind-the-scenes makeover, and when it comes out it is the full-blown Empire.

Idunhavaname
01.14.2012 , 09:35 PM | #5
My guess, the Sith lose but the Empire and Republic remains. Eventually both sides merge and form the new republic.

I can gurantee you it's not going to end up with one faction being the obvious winners or else you'll just end up with another original trilogy especially if empire wins.

RIP orange pixel

ZeroGravTrooper
01.14.2012 , 09:37 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by marshalleck View Post
Blue glowbats and warm fuzzies eventually save the day. This is a space fairy-tale, after all.
Hehe.
"Warm fuzzies." :3
Warriors of the Shadow --- Vanguard --- Zero
Quote: Originally Posted by Blagojevich View Post
Blagojevich approves.

Drakos
01.14.2012 , 09:38 PM | #7
And then Endor suffers a nuclear winter from all of the Death Star 2's radiation fallout. But only after Han Solo's giant forest-fire.
Cadiva: The fundamental thing I have to ask is "am I enjoying playing this".

The only person who can tell you whether or not you should resub for TOR is you.

marshalleck
01.14.2012 , 09:38 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroGravTrooper View Post
Hehe.
"Warm fuzzies." :3
Well except for that Master Quilb. Dude gives me bad vibes. I'm pretty sure he waits until you're gone to eat that flesh raider baby that you fed and got all plumped up.
Classless character progression // Deep crafting & harvesting // Fully customizable spells & skills // Living world with seasons, weather, dynamic day/night & wildlife ecology // >

Matheren
01.14.2012 , 09:39 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by marshalleck View Post
Well except for that Master Quilb. Dude gives me bad vibes. I'm pretty sure he waits until you're gone to eat that flesh raider baby that you fed and got all plumped up.
Yeah... I think he had other plans for that baby.

Master Quilb should've been a bear-man, not a cat-man, if you know what I mean :|

Kabloosh
01.14.2012 , 09:40 PM | #10
The Empire in movies 4 through 6 is The Republic. 1-3 is simply all a nifty little plot designed by Chancellor Palpatine to gain control of the government making him the Emperor and reforming The Republic's government into a dictatorship.

He did it by making the senate look incompetent and through war showed that his executive powers were what saved The Republic. He also managed to pull Anikan's chains to join his side and demonize the Jedi into a rogue organization seeking to gain control of the government by assassinating Palpatine.

I have no idea what happened to the Sith Empire which is what we have in TOR. Obviously they lose at some point.