Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looking for SW novel recommendations

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Looking for SW novel recommendations

Freemasonn
01.14.2012 , 12:07 AM | #11
If your looking post original trilogy I would start with the Thrawn trilogy. Now if you are dedicated you can hit the New Jedi Order series....I made it through, but it was tough towards the end. It is made up of 19 books, but could have been done in 10. I know someone mentioned Traitor, I think it is book 9 or 10, and it is the highlight of the series.

Legacy of the Force is a nine book series that takes place after New Jedi Order. I really liked this series even though many did not. I thought it was much better than New Jedi Order. Following this series is the current nine book Fate of the Jedi series. I read the first few but was really let down....

If you want to read a few books that take place during the movies I highly recommend Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vador. This takes place right after ep. III. Very good book. Labyrinth of Evil is very good, takes place right before ep. III.

The Darth Bane trilogy is the best series in the EU in my humble opinion. This is 1000 years before the movies. In the Old Republic era Deceived was pretty good, but Fatal Alliance was pretty weak.

There is a ton out there, im sure you will find something you like!

DarthMoord
01.14.2012 , 09:12 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Wegabe_Awock View Post
The Republic Commando novels by Karen Traviss are also rather good.
Only if you're trying to demonstrate how a bad novel reads like.
See the sniper on the hill.
Rifle's loaded, he's ready to kill.
Kill the enemy, steal his soul.
So early. So early. So early in the morning.

TheBentOne
01.14.2012 , 09:30 AM | #13
In addition to what most people have said. id like to sugjest
Mace Windu: Shatterpoint and,
Luke Skywalker and The Shadows of Mindor.

Both are by Stover and both are very good reads, they are a little darker than most starwars books, but that is why i like them.