Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Now im 50 and disappointed

Tanzit
01.14.2012 , 06:59 AM | #1
So I unfortunately chose a gunslinger as the class I would level. The bugginess with cover made sad but I figured ill stick it out cause it should get better. I tried out all the specs while I was leveling and found myself energy starved as DF and sab in solo pve and getting my face punched in as sharpshooter in pvp.

So after many respecs I stayed sharpshooter because its the most effective for soloing. Now I'm 50 and pvp is horrible, In all honesty I could see huttball being ok as SS because of the ledges but out of 10 matches I never got it once. The other warzones keep you right on even ground with everyone and require lots of movement which is terrible for a gunslinger.

At this point my respec fee is over 120k so I dare not try another spec cause if I dont like it thats another 150k gone.

And no I dont want to start over again while all my friends/guildmates are now 50 and want to do hardmodes. I will say pve groups are ok but does this mean that I can no longer enjoy the game without agroup to instance with.

joaltendorf
01.14.2012 , 07:03 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tanzit View Post
So I unfortunately chose a gunslinger as the class I would level. The bugginess with cover made sad but I figured ill stick it out cause it should get better. I tried out all the specs while I was leveling and found myself energy starved as DF and sab in solo pve and getting my face punched in as sharpshooter in pvp.

So after many respecs I stayed sharpshooter because its the most effective for soloing. Now I'm 50 and pvp is horrible, In all honesty I could see huttball being ok as SS because of the ledges but out of 10 matches I never got it once. The other warzones keep you right on even ground with everyone and require lots of movement which is terrible for a gunslinger.

At this point my respec fee is over 120k so I dare not try another spec cause if I dont like it thats another 150k gone.

And no I dont want to start over again while all my friends/guildmates are now 50 and want to do hardmodes. I will say pve groups are ok but does this mean that I can no longer enjoy the game without agroup to instance with.
you know you play a mmo hu ?

... and dirty tricks is you friend

shadowAI
01.14.2012 , 07:29 AM | #3
Not many people are aware of this, but a level ~24 who is fully geared for 24 and using the +stat stim will have nearly 50% more damage on certain abilities than a 50 who is using a +stat stim, but only has 1st tier pvp gear.

Example:
My level 26 commando has 2k damage listed on the grav icon (did 8.1k in 3 hits with wz buff). most level 50's have around 1.3k before they start gearing up. As I level I know it will decrease and at level 4x-50 I might only feel decent due to demo round.

Tanzit
01.14.2012 , 08:51 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by joaltendorf View Post

I wish that the moment I logged on there was a group ready to go but that doesnt happen all the time.

And is DF still decent for pve dps cause when I tried it at earlier levels the energy to damage output isnt that great

tsma
01.14.2012 , 08:54 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tanzit View Post

i have 1 thing to say to you make a new toon and get him on your guild and make it so officers and gm can recrute
Never give a Jawa a gun, it can only end in death

flem
01.14.2012 , 09:55 AM | #6
You do realize that the respec cost resets after a week, right? It tells you the old price, but then after that it tells you that it reset.
Jedi Covenant | Formerly: Squadron 840; Shii-Cho | Bring back warzone pets!

rufix
01.14.2012 , 11:55 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by joaltendorf View Post

this

my alt 28 lvl atm and im very effective in the pvp maybe my damages not uber atm but CC helping to group a lot
POW / Power Of One

Ledvan
01.14.2012 , 12:08 PM | #8
I feel the same.. Wish i had gone Scoundrel, i just get destroyed by every class in PVP, its always the same they steam in when your covered stun you, start doing you damage, and by the time your down in cover again your dead.

Just started a new char.. BH.

Tanzit
01.14.2012 , 12:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by flem View Post
You do realize that the respec cost resets after a week, right? It tells you the old price, but then after that it tells you that it reset.
are you saying that it will state the old price but not actually charge you that, cause it still says my respec is going to be over 120k and i dont want to be on the bad end of that gamble

Bivaccus
01.14.2012 , 08:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ledvan View Post
I feel the same.. Wish i had gone Scoundrel, i just get destroyed by every class in PVP, its always the same they steam in when your covered stun you, start doing you damage, and by the time your down in cover again your dead.

Just started a new char.. BH.
IF you suck as a gunslinger you will also suck as a BH.

It's funny how cocky mercenaries underestimate me and get decimated.

Hunker down 20 seconds immunity of cc, gg. Most classes try to cc you and blow their CD's on it. Don't worry you're in cover still, which also gives you +20% defense(dodge)and 3 stacks of absorbed dmg. You can also pop dodge(100% miss) and defense screen. All will help. Nut kick for 4 seconds stun to use speedshot, after that it is aimed shot: 20% armor bybass and pushback if enemy is within 10 yards. 2+ melees on you? Press Pulse Detonator will push them back a ****tons of meters and they are stuck for 5 seconds.

cocky Operatives? Sure they stun you and get you down to 60% hp(or 30% if you suck and have bad gear), after that they better run!.

I'm always top dmg.

Oh and yeah if you are being pounded by several enemies you will die without backup, that counts for every class. Tanks will hold out longer, bu tthat's the only difference.

Just don't pvp with your gunslinger before hitting 50. I felt gimped at lower levels.

tl;dr l2play.