Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

biggerthatthesun's Avatar


biggerthatthesun
01.13.2012 , 10:30 PM | #1141
I have cancelled my sub.

I will be calling EA for a refund tomorrow.

I have also, for what good it does, lodged a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, requesting the BW end their blatant false advertizing.

You can too. Here's the link:

http://www.bbb.org/edmonton/business...nton-ab-111723

Basedgawd's Avatar


Basedgawd
01.13.2012 , 10:38 PM | #1142
Quote: Originally Posted by Roflmaow View Post
Many people are happy with the game and do not wish for a refund because of the high res texture situation. I wish them well. However, some people feel cheated. This information is for them.

I recently got spoke with EA customer service, and got my refund from Origin (it should take effect within 5-10 business days). I calmly explained that the textures used to advertise the game are denied to users during their play experience. The guy on the phone agreed that that could be considered false advertising, and gave me my refund. Took about 20 minutes. Very nice customer service!

I love Bioware, but I won't stand for being deceived. Even if they had the best intentions, the fact that they advertised a game with graphics they deny their users is unacceptable. For those who don't care, I hope you continue to enjoy your play experience. For those who do care, let EA/Bioware know by calmly and reasonably requesting a refund. You'll get it!
thanks man Im going to do this tomorrow morning.

Im excited to get my money back now lol. So happy.

mArchangel's Avatar


mArchangel
01.13.2012 , 10:40 PM | #1143
Quote: Originally Posted by biggerthatthesun View Post
I have cancelled my sub.

I will be calling EA for a refund tomorrow.

I have also, for what good it does, lodged a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, requesting the BW end their blatant false advertizing.

You can too. Here's the link:

http://www.bbb.org/edmonton/business...nton-ab-111723
This I find very regrettable but also merciless.

However if you would look up similar statistics for ANY game company you would probably find their number of complaints MUCH higher. Has to be taken with a grain of salt.
Shame you can't give em a chance to fix. They are humans you know-they make mistakes.
Just saying.
'If all children would mature according to early indications, the world would be full of geniuses.' - J.W. v.Goethe

Morcova's Avatar


Morcova
01.13.2012 , 11:04 PM | #1144
Quote: Originally Posted by mArchangel View Post
This I find very regrettable but also merciless.

However if you would look up similar statistics for ANY game company you would probably find their number of complaints MUCH higher. Has to be taken with a grain of salt.
Shame you can't give em a chance to fix. They are humans you know-they make mistakes.
Just saying.
The bait and switch routine isn't a mistake. It's a deception.

Unruhe's Avatar


Unruhe
01.13.2012 , 11:20 PM | #1145
Quote: Originally Posted by Morcova View Post
The bait and switch routine isn't a mistake. It's a deception.
This. I'd go for a full refund but I'd want access to my account in the future, if they ever do bother to fix the game. I just won't be handing them a monthly fee to play their blurry beta.

Paralassa's Avatar


Paralassa
01.13.2012 , 11:34 PM | #1146
Hi there!

As this thread has exceeded our normal threshold for thread length, we have recreated it here so that you may continue your discussion. Thank you!