Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertech And Slicing

Alvaron
12.14.2011 , 07:04 AM | #1
Just wanting to clarify before I start investing too heavily into my crew skills.

Slicing states it can provide rare crafting plans for Cybertech, how critical would it be to not take Slicing if I were to take Cybertech? Knowing that if I do, I'll miss out on one of the other professions required to get materials.

In fact, would it be better to skip it and try to gain the recipes through the market off of other players or rather take it and then get the materials I'll miss from elsewhere?

DeeDawg
12.14.2011 , 07:25 AM | #2
it does give rare schematics, but does not give you the rare mats you need.

Sorry I cant tell you with certainty which one you need, i just woke up and this is my first post, but I believe you need Scavenging and Underworld Trading.,...ill try and dig up the info if someone else doesnt post soon.

Alvaron
12.14.2011 , 07:28 AM | #3
Scavenging and Underworld trading do provide the materials.

I'm just wondering how much I'll lose out by not having Slicing is all.

CorduroyCashley
12.14.2011 , 07:42 AM | #4
Slicing is not a necessity when it comes to Cybertech. Slicing is a great source of credits, but without the rare metals from Underworld trading, you will be hindered in creating some of the better mods. I have a leveling buddy feeding me scavenged metals, so I went Cybertech/Slicing/Underworld Trading.

Alvaron
12.14.2011 , 08:32 AM | #5
Hmm, might do the same depending on my pals choice of Crew Skills.

Or just get slicing on another character I don't plan to craft on.