Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are Yoda and Ben cowards?

Cindercraze
01.08.2012 , 05:52 PM | #61
Yoda = Emperor.... Anakin=Obi wan.... The two fights (Anakin/Obi)(Yoda/Emperor) are a clear contrast of eachother... Anakin arrogantly persisted to keep fighting, resulting in a loss. Yoda retreating, forced a tie. I believe Lucas used these two fights to contrast the decisions of Jedi/Sith, and the repricutions of their decisions.

Yoda's retreat is not a loss... to consider it a loss is totally unintelligent.

If you have speculation against this, remember Russia's retreat tactic in WWII (Scorched Earth). Falling back to fight another day is in no way a loss, it is in fact a very well strategized battle technique.

Rhyltran
01.08.2012 , 09:52 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Cindercraze View Post
Yoda = Emperor.... Anakin=Obi wan.... The two fights (Anakin/Obi)(Yoda/Emperor) are a clear contrast of eachother... Anakin arrogantly persisted to keep fighting, resulting in a loss. Yoda retreating, forced a tie. I believe Lucas used these two fights to contrast the decisions of Jedi/Sith, and the repricutions of their decisions.

Yoda's retreat is not a loss... to consider it a loss is totally unintelligent.

If you have speculation against this, remember Russia's retreat tactic in WWII (Scorched Earth). Falling back to fight another day is in no way a loss, it is in fact a very well strategized battle technique.
Canon wise it was a loss. I posted both the novelization and Leland Chee's viewpoints. Considering Leland Chee controls Canon well..

The_Anf
01.13.2012 , 12:06 PM | #63
this is the best thread on the forums ...just saying
Solo 1
Greedo 0