Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The party leader must reset

Amethysted
01.12.2012 , 10:17 AM | #21
This just happened to us yesterday. BW please fix.
Amethyst Ed
NJ, USA

Lifewaster
01.12.2012 , 11:58 AM | #22
This bug occurs if you partially complete a flashpoint, and then leave that flashpoint , and try to enter a new one or with a new group. Abandoning or resetting the flashpoint via the mission log does not work.

This is easy to reproduce :

Just go into esseles, and kill a mob , then go outside and reset the mission/abandon quest and re take the quest. Go back inside, and you will see the instance was not reset.

###

To properly reset an instance, you must right click your char portrait, there will be an option "phase" if you have an existing flashpoint instance. Click this and select "reset all active flashpoints"
If successful, the option "Phase" will be gone from your portrait.

If "phase" remains , then you have a ghost flashpoint that is not in your current log, and not being properly reset via the phase menu.

This ghost flashpoint bug is contagious and is passed to the group leader, if you leave the party.

###

To cure a ghost flashpoint error, you must first find out which flashpoint (that you dont currently have in your mission log) is the culprit.

Then you re-take that flashpoint mission and re-enter/exit that flashpoint. Now you will be able to use the "phase" option to reset it properly.

Generally this is a trial and error process, but at lower lvls the culprit is usually the esseles.

InfiniteShift
01.12.2012 , 12:11 PM | #23
My friends and I have worked around this problem numerous times by creating level one alts.

If one of us has the reset bug.
  1. We identify who has the bug.
  2. Whoever has the reset bug would leave party, while one of us would log on to our level one alt.
  3. The person with the reset bug would invite the level one alt to a party.
  4. Pass group leader to the level one alt.
  5. The person with the reset bug would leave group.
  6. Confirm 'Reset All Active Flashpoints' option in the right-click character portrait menu is gone.
  7. Invite person back to group.
  8. Dominate flashpoint.
  9. Receive loot.

This ensures that:
  • If the bug is contagious, you don't need to worry if you pass it to a level one alt, unless you plan to level it.
  • You don't have to worry if the level one alt has an active flashpoint or not.
  • Level one alts do not have the required level for all flashpoints so passing them lead 'should' remove the bug entirely until you catch it again.

Humble
01.12.2012 , 03:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by InfiniteShift View Post
My friends and I have worked around this problem numerous times by creating level one alts.

If one of us has the reset bug.
  1. We identify who has the bug.
  2. Whoever has the reset bug would leave party, while one of us would log on to our level one alt.
  3. The person with the reset bug would invite the level one alt to a party.
  4. Pass group leader to the level one alt.
  5. The person with the reset bug would leave group.
  6. Confirm 'Reset All Active Flashpoints' option in the right-click character portrait menu is gone.
  7. Invite person back to group.
  8. Dominate flashpoint.
  9. Receive loot.

This ensures that:
  • If the bug is contagious, you don't need to worry if you pass it to a level one alt, unless you plan to level it.
  • You don't have to worry if the level one alt has an active flashpoint or not.
  • Level one alts do not have the required level for all flashpoints so passing them lead 'should' remove the bug entirely until you catch it again.
While that workaround probably works, that is completely ridiculous for people to perform to get into a flashpoint, especially when pugging. People come and go all of the time and are constantly passing the bad flashpoint around.

A single FP should not affect another FP. When we're going into Black Talon, that should be the only thing the system is checking for, not all flashpoints and operations. In addition, when I invite someone, their status in a flashpoint should not be passed to me. The system should just take the leader's status on the flashpoint and go, and reset if necessary.

Again, this is so *********** stupid I don't understand why there is no update on it. It literally ****ed up the ability for a group of us to play last night and try to fix it. After spending an hour on it, we gave up and I just logged because it was a complete waste of time. I appreciate the post on this workaround, but I'm not doing all of that work to get a group of four people into a flashpoint.

Kraarg
01.13.2012 , 09:11 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by InfiniteShift View Post
[*]Level one alts do not have the required level for all flashpoints so passing them lead 'should' remove the bug entirely until you catch it again.
It doesn't remove it. It stayed on my lowbe jedi (visible through the Phase Entry when right clicking on the char portrait) unti the servers were reset and stayed contagious.

Also since it is contagious, the person being stuck with it might very well be in no position to use the regular fix to try to guess and enter the correct flashpoint to end the ghost instance because the correct flashpoint is not even accessible for him.

This is a game breaker and I will definitely cancel my sub if it doesn't get fixed with priority. And "highly important" stuff like speeders working indoors for a few seconds being fixed atm does show very well they don't care! So bye bye when my sub runs out!

Alphras
01.13.2012 , 09:19 AM | #26
Is this bug still not fixed? I stopped playing several weeks ago because this is a gamebreaker for me.