Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Republic Vs. Empire


Vyron_Deckard's Avatar


Vyron_Deckard
01.12.2012 , 08:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by geoffreyromain View Post
The sith arent bad they just want to be free - free to use the force whichever way they want... The jedi show no emotions and limit their force usage...thats just pathetic...thats why i fight for the republic not jedi order
Free? Free from what exactly? The Sith have free reign in the empire to do whatever the hell they wan't and kill anyone who disagrees - so your point is moot. And there are Jedi who embrace positive emotion. Luke and Revan are perfect examples - they're both heroes for it.
Target verified. Commencing hostilities... ~ Unknown

NewBombay's Avatar


NewBombay
01.12.2012 , 08:52 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by geoffreyromain View Post
The sith arent bad they just want to be free - free to use the force whichever way they want... The jedi show no emotions and limit their force usage...thats just pathetic...thats why i fight for the republic not jedi order
Word. That's a breath of fresh air. I like your philosophy. I have yet to play the game, as it's DLing as I type this, but is it possible to 'fight' for the Republic, and not necessarily for the jedi order? I guess I'll find out for myself in a couple of minutes. I hope so. Jedi... Sith. They're all the same. They all want to practice the force. Me? I like my laser gunz.
Play me in the winter, play me in the summer
Play me in the autumn, any order
You want 'em I got 'em, dripping like water
Catch me at a hot spot with the Dust Daughters

Idunhavaname's Avatar


Idunhavaname
01.12.2012 , 09:38 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by NewBombay View Post
Word. That's a breath of fresh air. I like your philosophy. I have yet to play the game, as it's DLing as I type this, but is it possible to 'fight' for the Republic, and not necessarily for the jedi order? I guess I'll find out for myself in a couple of minutes. I hope so. Jedi... Sith. They're all the same. They all want to practice the force. Me? I like my laser gunz.
Technically no but you can choose decisions that would benefit the Republic but break a jedi code but you will always be taking orders from the council.
.

RIP orange pixel

atheelogos's Avatar


atheelogos
01.13.2012 , 03:46 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by underdogwin View Post
However the Sith inside the empire are followers of the dark side and they are evil.
"Evil is a point of view"
"Crime is common. Logic is rare." Arthur Conan Doyle

“There’s nothing more elusive than an obvious fact.”

CptBrit's Avatar


CptBrit
01.13.2012 , 04:17 AM | #15
Started playing Republic - level 38 Jedi Guardian, who it pains me to leave - but now have kinda defected to the Empire because I'm on of those people who will (In the leveling phase as least) forsake a better piece of equipment if it looks Sh*te, and Sith Armour looks amazing compared to Jedi Armour (Though the Jedi plate armour looks good i'm yet to find it! If I found that or knew where it was I might go back to my Kira shag*ing Jedi...)

I've found quite a few decent people in the Empire, its just a lot of the Sith that are downright ba*tards. I've noticed one exception and that been the Sith Inq *SMALL SPOILERS*, when your asked to torture someone and you can choose not too and rather than mocking you for been weak he congradulates you on solving the problem using your head or something like that. *END OF SMALL SPOILERS*

If you removed the Sith/Jedi from the picture, its kinda just Order vs Freedom and the Senate p*sses me off soo much...
Sa'rahi Sheph'erd - The Mercenary | Marxon Sheph'erd - The Guardian
Tae'Ruk Sheph'erd - The Juggernaut | Mysha Sheph'erd - The Sage
Leona Sheph'erd - The Assassin | Temo'rel Sheph'erd - The Vanguard
Mykael Sheph'erd - The Operative | Lel'Liana Sheph'erd - The Gunslinger

indexgnome's Avatar


indexgnome
01.13.2012 , 07:22 AM | #16
Moral is the biggest B/S ever invented.
Who are we to tell anyone else our moral is the superior?

One side will enslave a population by force, the other will enslave a population by passive obedience.

Pick what you prefer but it wont change anything, you will still be a slave.

Romick's Avatar


Romick
01.13.2012 , 07:51 AM | #17
If you play the Jedi Knight story, you will find out that the Sith Emperor is the most evil mother****er in the galaxy.....from any perspective(except his own ofc)....he almost makes Palpatine look like a nice guy.

underdogwin's Avatar


underdogwin
01.13.2012 , 08:14 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by atheelogos View Post
"Evil is a point of view"
I disagree. There are things that are just evil. Slaying children....evil. The Sith disregard all morals for a chance at power and that is in my definition evil. That is not to say that yes they can do good things however they also are not held back by any moral compass so they have the ability to do great evil.
"Plan for peace. Prepare for war."

Rouge's Avatar


Rouge
01.13.2012 , 09:59 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by JustDocBrown View Post
So all throughout my RPG career I always, for the most part, tend to lean to the good side, or the good guys. So naturally, when i started swtor, I became a Jedi Knight. I got to level 22 and I was sad that I didn't start on a PVP server. So I decided to work on another character until they implemented a server change so i could move to PVP.
You will be extremely unlikely to be able to move your character to a PvP server from a PvE server. It's basically never done in MMORPGs.

Quote: Originally Posted by JustDocBrown View Post
Is there any good in the Empire? Do they have good morals, do they fight for a good cause? Can someone convince me that the Empire is right? Because as I play as this Sith Warrior and am forced to fight the Republic, it hurts me. Because I like the good guys.
Republic are hardly good guys, they have a very, very long list of misdeeds. The Empire certainly isn't "right" morally, they are basically out for revenge. Neither side has any moral highground to speak of, but even in it's corrupted state Republic is somewhat better than the Empire, although the galaxy's sentients deserve far better than either of these can give them.
Think of this: If you will play a Jedi or a Sith, now you will never get to take your apprentice to fight with you in flashpoints, warzones or raids. You will never face together any of the big end-game bosses.

DarkestDaemon's Avatar


DarkestDaemon
01.13.2012 , 11:19 PM | #20
Alright, this is slightly spoilers from the planet Voss, but it answers your question:

Spoiler


To put it simply, evil and good are based on perspective. This is true no matter what. In the Empire my character was hailed as a hero by the Imperials as well. I'm sure Jedi are hailed by the Republic as heroes.

But in that spoiler? Pretty much confirms who the real bad guys are.