Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

RedKremlin
01.10.2012 , 10:55 PM | #341
I found a way to keep the hood down, on the commendations vendor on Hoth sells a Elder Vindicator's Headgear, for some reason when you equip it it forces the hood to turn off. Now if you want the hood to come back up go into the social options and turn off the helm display.

Deelmackey
01.12.2012 , 11:35 PM | #342
Quote: Originally Posted by RedKremlin View Post
I found a way to keep the hood down, on the commendations vendor on Hoth sells a Elder Vindicator's Headgear, for some reason when you equip it it forces the hood to turn off. Now if you want the hood to come back up go into the social options and turn off the helm display.
Partially confirmed, via the CTRL left/click preview. Unfortunately the Elder Vindicator's Headgear is Heavy Armor, and I'm incapable of wearing this piece because I'm a Sentinel. However, it indeed *appears* that wearing this piece is a solution.

Clearly this invalidates the argument that artwork would have to be redone for a /hood option to be implemented, since as far as the game client is concerned, rendering of the the hood can be easily suppressed depending on the headpiece (or in this case an eye visor).

Too bad I didn't roll a Guardian, I'd be all over this little item.

mitrikzoltan
01.12.2012 , 11:41 PM | #343
Unfortunately Geordi LaForge is not any better than hoods.

Strayth
01.13.2012 , 12:15 AM | #344
Quote: Originally Posted by Deelmackey View Post
Partially confirmed, via the CTRL left/click preview. Unfortunately the Elder Vindicator's Headgear is Heavy Armor, and I'm incapable of wearing this piece because I'm a Sentinel. However, it indeed *appears* that wearing this piece is a solution.

Clearly this invalidates the argument that artwork would have to be redone for a /hood option to be implemented, since as far as the game client is concerned, rendering of the the hood can be easily suppressed depending on the headpiece (or in this case an eye visor).

Too bad I didn't roll a Guardian, I'd be all over this little item.

1) Hood suppressed is not the same as hood down. Though; if you're careful, ANY SINGLE piece in the game that has a hood, you can see a hood down version on the NPCs (especially on Tython, if you play a consular you'll meet things that makes you cry if you started with a Jedi Knight). So yeah kinda right. The hood is just a clipping part, and they have both up and down made :/ .

2) There's a medium helmet which is what you're looking for, check out the GTN. My Sentinel has it. It's not a visor, it doesn't hide the face, and lets the hair visible.

CadeAssant
01.13.2012 , 03:19 AM | #345
Either let me toggle the hood, or let my hair show normally while wearing it.
"Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled, but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love, that's what they should teach you to beware, but love itself will save, not condemn you." ―Jolee Bindo

mitrikzoltan
01.13.2012 , 09:24 AM | #346
Quote: Originally Posted by Strayth View Post
2) There's a medium helmet which is what you're looking for, check out the GTN. My Sentinel has it. It's not a visor, it doesn't hide the face, and lets the hair visible.
You mean the one that covers the sides and bottom of your face? Its not any better either. I want to see my Jedis face, without anything covering it.

GOD BW PLEASE, give us an update on either this or the "Devs, Please add the following already existing armor in game" thread!!

I have seven days left.

JediRios
01.15.2012 , 04:05 PM | #347
Has BW acknowledged this problem yet? Just can't deal with the hood up robes anymore. And btw the hoth headpiece REMOVES the hood, not to mention that it covers your face as well.

AdamHDMI
01.15.2012 , 05:39 PM | #348
I +1 this. BioWare please let my hair be visible! If I wanted to go bald I would have chosen that option when creating my character!
The Legendary Orange Pixel

Tirrallas
01.15.2012 , 06:03 PM | #349
FFS fix this or at least tell us you're aware of this. We know you can simply fix it as there is evidence in game already. Stop ignoring the forums.
۞⋞░▒⊈⋐⋑⊉▒▒۩ʭ▒░╬███████████████████████████████████)

Thodra
01.15.2012 , 08:14 PM | #350
They need to atleast tell us