Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Plageus - Anakin's father?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Darth Plageus - Anakin's father?

DoctorBeckett
01.06.2012 , 04:45 PM | #1
I don't know if the new Darth Plageus book is out yet, if this is even included, but here's my take on Anakin's father.

Plageus reads or studies or hears about "The prophecy".. The Chosen One bringing balance to The Force. By Palpatine's own admission to Anakin, Plageus was so powerful he could influence The Force (I REFUSE to say influence the "midichlorians") to create life.

Sometime prior to Shimi Skywalker arriving on Tatooine, she becomes pregnant.

Shimi has Anakin.

Fast forward to Episode 1 with Qui-Gon and Shimi....

Qui-Gon asks about Anakin's father. She says, "I can't explain what happened.I carried him, I gave birth to him, I raised him. There is no father. ."

I think Plageus found some unsuspecting woman (Shimi) and manipulated The Force (immaculate conception) and filled Palpatine in on the plan that unfolded in Episode III.

Opinions?
For free stuff...
Are you looking for an endgame guild on the Harbinger server? Join <Hawke's Flight>(Imp side) and <Hawke's Nest> (Pub side). Pub/Imp sides.
PST Hawketank (Imp) or HawkeSent (Pub) or PM me here for invite.

NickM
01.06.2012 , 04:47 PM | #2
While I don't believe this is confirmed anywhere, it is heavily implied.

DoctorBeckett
01.12.2012 , 04:50 PM | #3
Anyone else?
For free stuff...
Are you looking for an endgame guild on the Harbinger server? Join <Hawke's Flight>(Imp side) and <Hawke's Nest> (Pub side). Pub/Imp sides.
PST Hawketank (Imp) or HawkeSent (Pub) or PM me here for invite.

Durzaka
01.12.2012 , 05:23 PM | #4
You must be serously out of the loop if you think this is original.

IT his heavily implied and pretty commonly accepted that Anakin was conceived by the force via Dark Plagieus. Although no real proof has been given.
Durzaka Retribution

Eternalnight
01.12.2012 , 05:29 PM | #5
Anakin is human and Darth Plageus is a muun. Completely different species, so would not call him his father.
Could the word "creator" be more appropriate?

Lightstrake
01.12.2012 , 08:31 PM | #6
Darth Plagues is the creator of Anakin. Anakin is the result of either his death, [I'm positive being how strong he was, he would've sensed Sidious' presence about to kill him] and he tried to protect himself, or he used the Force and it most likely just happened.

This is most likely why Anakin was so strong in the Force.

Vikassi
01.12.2012 , 11:39 PM | #7
No,this isnt true ... I think lucas stated that Shmi was like the virgin mary ... Life or thr force just found a way ... Sidious was not his father ...

Lightstrake
01.12.2012 , 11:45 PM | #8
Plagues was the Master of Sidious, Plagues is the "father," not Sidious

xeviltoasterx
01.13.2012 , 12:49 AM | #9
Interesting, I was thinking about this today, at least in regards to Plageus using the Force to create life and how Anakin was conceived. But I never put the 2 together to think of that possibility. That'd be pretty crazy, and definitely a possibility I think.

DarthNevrohs
01.13.2012 , 01:24 AM | #10
theres no proof of this and wouldnt plageus have died years before shmi was even born?

In ep 3 when sidious tells anakin about darth plageus he mentions thats in a sith legend. As such a legend would imply a few years ago if not decades. Also the jedi mention in ep1 that the sith had been extinct for a millenia but that could simply mean they didnt know of the existing sith at that time.

So Id say its unlikely plageus or sidious were the creator of anakin.
Remember, peace is a lie