Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It's started already...

Osul
01.12.2012 , 05:47 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MrPopo View Post
The flipside is that if you have one of each base class you don't run in to the situation our group tends to, where we have an op, bh, and two inquisitors and get nothing but warrior loot.
I HATE it when that happens. I was doing the Esseles with my trooper and a friend who's also a trooper and we kept getting Jedi Knight/Consular and Smuggler gear! Its annoying as hell. I only run flashpoints to get gear and it is very aggrovating when that happens.
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you" -Friedrich Nietzsche.

Macheath
01.12.2012 , 05:56 PM | #22
I have to admit, I secretly hope that whatever group I'm joining doesn't have another player of the same base class as me, so any loot for me will be uncontested. I won't go so far as to exclude others of the same class from my own groups, though. As others have pointed out, this game is so unbelievably easy, especially while leveling, that gear is more "nice to have" than "need to have."

-Macheath.
Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Alithyra
01.12.2012 , 06:08 PM | #23
That was all my point was MacHeath, it's a nice to have. Not something to control your entire gaming experience (again, my PoV), and willingly make it unpleasant for other people, over a little piece of data sat on a database, somewhere.

Valax - I never said I was mad about it. There is a heck of a big middle ground between the extremes of maddening rage and unbridled, rapturous joy.
I know the usual judgement passed on forums is "hater or fanboy" but not for me.
And no, I would not lead a raid in the manner you described, nor have I ever in the numerous times I have done over the years.
Raids / roles has nothing to do with my original post, it's 4man/classes - different entirely.

I made an observation - some clearly share the sentiment. Others, naturally, do not. There you have it.

deserttfoxx
01.12.2012 , 07:11 PM | #24
Devs already stated the best team comp is one of each classs. loot is broken up by class, there really is no reason to stack classes, what is your problem exactly?

And quest do not give best in slot gear, what kind of ridiculous statement is that.
You are very welcome to use my referral link.
With this you get 7 days of free subscription,a free character transfer and nice items mailed to all your characters. The referral helps both new, returning and current players!

Click here for 7 days of free subscription a free character transfer and more

Grunnd
01.12.2012 , 08:36 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Alithyra View Post
I made an observation - some clearly share the sentiment. Others, naturally, do not. There you have it.
Ah, I must've clicked the Blog section of the forums again...

I need to stop doing that

Vaahanian
01.12.2012 , 10:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by deserttfoxx View Post
Devs already stated the best team comp is one of each classs. loot is broken up by class, there really is no reason to stack classes, what is your problem exactly?

And quest do not give best in slot gear, what kind of ridiculous statement is that.
You can pretty much quest your way to full 126's easily. Heck do your PvP "Quests" and you have a chance of 136's, so yes questing does in fact give you pretty damn good gear for a fresh 50 without raiding (yes I know normal ops are a joke, just making a point) and yes it won't be "best in slot" for obvious reasons.

As much as some do and don't want to fine tune their groups, bioware has unfortunately designed some encounters that require specific setups. Example, I ran HM False Emperor with my guild last night, sith assassin tank, sith sorcerer heals, and 2x sith marauder. Only the tank and the heals had a knock back which you need to beat the final boss.